Our New Pope!

by Roberta804 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I watched with excitment as we first saw Pope Francis. My mother raised us girls JW, she was Catholic before the JW came along, and my Father remained Catholic. I left the JWs durning Pope John Paul II (the Great), I read a lot of his writings and was so impressed with his knowledge. And yes I did become Catholic. However when Pope Benedict was elected I did not like him from the moment I laid eyes on him; and the name Benedict did not help any. Something was missing about that man. But I feel very, very, good about Pope Francis. No other Pope has ever taken the name Francis before. There are two Saints named Francis, both known for their humility and their willingness to serve rather than be served. I feel very good about Pope Francis, wish he was younger, but he has kind eyes like Pope John Paul II. I think Pope Francis is going to do great things.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Happy You liked him...I am not a Catholic.But to each their own

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL Roberta804...for some reason, I'm glad that made you happy...

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Roberta, I hope that Pope Francis does good things that will benefit not only the Catholic Church, but everyone! Maybe his Highness will have a part in stopping the rampant corruption that is being seen, especially when it comes to such things as Child abuse and other large scale problems.

I too love his name, as Saint Francis was the Patron Saint of Animals, who had a deep fondness for all the creatures of the Earth, no matter how small or insignificant they may have seemed to others.

I keep my fingers crossed with sincere hope that Pope Francis will do some great things.

All the best to you and yours!

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

YAY!!!!!!!!!! A new human to worship!

• whathappened
    whathappened

He can't be any worse than the rest of them were...or could he?

• Pterist
    Pterist

IMHO, far right Americans and Brits. will be uneasy.

• soontobe
    soontobe
    Our New Pope!

W00t!

I hope Francis I's papacy proves a blessing to the Church and the whole world.

I love his choice of name. I have a very soft spot in my heart for little St. Francis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit