Clerics' outrage at Ahmadinejad reminds me of the treatment of a DF person at a Witness funeral

by Steve_C 6 Replies latest social current

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

Image of Ahmadinejad consoling Chavez’s mother angers Iranian clerics

Apparently, showing compassion to a grieving mother is a sin in Islam.

The image drew the immediate fury of Tehran's religious conservatives. “No unrelated women can be touched unless she is drowning at sea or needs medical treatment," Hojat al-Islam Hossein Ibrahimi, a cleric at the Society of Militant Clergy, said, according to Iran's Al-Monitor .

So let's pretend it never happened...

Some of Ahmadinejad's supporters insisted the image was fake, digitally altered from a different photo showing the Iranian leader embracing an older man. But as The New York Times noted, the man-hug image was quickly debunked as a Photoshop job.

And my favorite online comment:

Wow, you Muslims seem to go out of your way to show that you hate women. He was comforting a bereaved woman who had just lost her son. Get over your knee-jerk misogyny. It's not like he bent her over the coffin to give her a ride - it was a hug.

Story here.

• designs
    designs

Nothing says crazy like religion. A Hug is sinful but in Islam you can smack your spouse and these clerics would approve.....go figure

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Those people are nuts. Every time I see an article like this I say to myself thank God I was born in America.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Are Muslims ever happy?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Google "Muslims are not Islamists".

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Note that these clerics represent all of Islam as much as Terry Jones represents Christendom.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

WOW thats the pic they up in arms about?!?

SMDH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit