The Watchtower Study At A Glance. What's "Christian Activity"?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

January 13, 213 Magazine focus is avoding anything that could lessen your "Christian Activity". What is Christian Activity used in every other paragraph? Witnesses are told in a subtle way, if their jobs are high paying they probably are not doing things Jehovah's ways. We are told to scrutinize our life, that is, put ourselves under the Microscope of the Watchtower's Rules so they can evaluate all your flaws and remove any individuality or free thinking left. The writers of the magazine are now using different words and phrases to appear sane, uncult like or normal but to our trained eyes, we hear the scratching noise their phonograph machines trying to play CD or MP3 discs. It's a punishment nobody deserves, how do you friends put yourself through keeping up on these magazines week after week without going insane?

1. "European Vaction" how many times did the Griswald family drive past "Big Ben" and "Parliment" before figuring out they made the wrong choice of following the wrong car, staying in a lane that repeated the route over and over and over again. "Look Clark, Big Ben and Parliment!"

Jehovah's Witnesses must choose if they are going to listen to men who have led them the long way through this wilderness. Pitting them against one another, helping each family judge their fellow Christian by looking at their Time Slip or their preception of their fellow's spirituality by Meeting Attendance. JWs are great at missing two months of Meetings and walking up to their brother "Hey, it's great to see you Clark, where you been?" Clark usually shakes his head but on this occassion, he say's "You been missing for three months and your asking me where I have been? Don't you remember I came by your house twice checking up on you, making sure you were not dead. JWs must choose what path will be the correct path the cartographers of Bethel have drawn with great effort any many rules. Thank Jehovah they have eliminated all the nasty "Look Out Points or Vista Stops" most highways have for the weary traveler.

The rest of this magazine was a heaping pile of dung, our jobs can stumble our brothers at the Kingdom Halls. Trust in the wise masters of New York and you will retire with spiritual riches beyond compare. I know a couple who died recently, they did everything the Org told them to do. They died spiritual broke, virtually nobody paid them attention once they hit their eighties and could no longer spend money or drive the Pioneers around town. Their good name they spent working for Jehovah, was forgotten (Hebrews 6:10) by men, their friends who allowed them to fall off the Congregation Radar. This magazine used Hebrews in a negative way, Read Hebrews 3:12-15:

The magazine made me sick, why do I read these things that make my stomach sour and add more guilt to JWs because they told to put their own lives under the electron microscope while their Apostles are beyond scrutiny? The magazine in

"Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. f Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God. 13You must warn each other every day, while it is still "today," so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God. 14For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ. 15Remember what it says:"

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I told my husband as he was trying to prestudy this article that it's the sort of thing that the Wt says, setting all our boundaries for us and treating us like spiritual primary schoolers! We aren't free to use our God given, Christian conscience.

The part with the pioneer who doesn't go out at night and is up at 6 each morning is designed to make the rest of us feel we're making no sacrifice at all. Also Jesus and Paul et al never spoke about how much recreation is appropriate but the Wt, meetings n assemblies always talk about what entertainment and how much we should have, and this article is indicative of this. We are always caused to doubt everything we do by articles like this.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

It's just a rehash of the Saturday Afternoon symposium from the 2010 DC.

• hoser
    hoser

paragraphs 1 to 3 is the pre-abuse setup.

Who will you imitate Joshua or Cain?

Then the rest of the article carries on in the usual you're not good enough to be considered a "true christian" if you work, enjoy yourself, or talk to your Df'd kids

hoser

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What they are not aware of is that they are actually spiritually destitute when they die, if they follow the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. The religion is designed to that end, and anyone participating will be banned from doing actual meditations that actually do anything. Just try vibrating runes and see how long it takes for Brother Hounder to catch up with you. The witlesses are not taught anything about things as chakras, auras, and use of energy to manipulate anything. Instead, they are afraid of those things. And they waste their time on crap that numbs them even worse.

At least with Satan, my spiritual wealth is not going to become the equivalent of spiritual toilet paper.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Lots of good info guys, but on a muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch lighter note.

WHy does page 13 have a family of people at the beach playing some form of stickball yet they are all wearing khaki pants and long sleeve shirts. You realize that now peopple are going to start using this picture as a gauge for how we should dress even at the beach LOL.

THis stuff is just freaking foolish man.

They are literally at the beach... playing stickball.... in long sleeve meeting shirts and khakis...

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

WT-Wizard, they don't care if their followers retirement is zero, nada, or zilch. Witnesses show more faith when they are poor and send all their funds to the Black Hole of Brooklyn.

soconfused: The magazine shows this unrealistic and even looney-toon ideas (ACME JW Recreation Kits For Sale At JW.ORG) of how the Governing Body preceives their perfect spiritual children "without guilt" enjoying the day with everyone, look at that picture carefully. They are artist conceptions aimmed at pleazin the good old men at the top, the artist probably are sick to their stomach with those photoshoots. It's nice to know the GB likes volleyball, we know how much they hate soccer, football and hockey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit