Do JWs Try To Convert Believers Of Islam?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

-What I think about that is that "exceptions confirm the rule".

-I also think that some people live far away from a certain type of reality and are fed with too many misconceptions on which the media thrives. I believe they are the ones who make this type of utterance: "Who in their right mind would want to be a Christian living in Mogadishu, or, for that matter, in neighbouring Kenya?

kenyaaa???!!!

-I also think that too many people get upset when their media-fed misconceptions about certain places get crushed by people who were born in, and live reality first-hand in those places.

-I also think that many countries prohibit the import, export and sales of drugs, yet...

-I also think that an objective and intellectually honnest person doesn't hand-pick a few items on a list to contest the validity of some facts.

-Finally, I think that travelling makes one aware of what is *really* going on on other continents.

Yes, I (and I'm sure you too) live in a country where there are muslims who peacefully cohabit with others. It is so, I believe it, because I grew up in such reality.

My willingness to accept it comes from my day to day living experience and reality. Your willingness to reject/doubt it comes from what you've been told about it on the internet, TV and in newspapers.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@T in a T - my willingness to doubt it comes only in part from the media.

It is also due to jwleaks' thread about the removal of the section in the Reasoning book on preaching to Muslims.

The worthy question in the OP was Do JWs Try To Convert Believers Of Islam? Why didn't min ask 'do JWs try to convert protestants/catholics/gays/atheists, etc?'

kenyaaa???!!! - 'TV and newspapers' told me about the recent student massacre at the hands of Al Shabaab. Did the media get this wrong?!

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    @T in a T - my willingness to doubt it comes only in part from the media.
    It is also due to jwleaks' thread about the removal of the section in the Reasoning book on preaching to Muslims.

Did they also call back all publications destined to preach to muslims and ask their members not to preach to muslims?

So if I understand you well, you can doubt that there many countries with muslims and others living in peace just because the WT Society removed something from its website!?!?

The worthy question in the OP was Do JWs Try To Convert Believers Of Islam?

I DID answer THAT question. YOU then picked something that I said and started a different debate altogether.

Why didn't min ask 'do JWs try to convert protestants/catholics/gays/atheists, etc?'

Ask Minimus!

kenyaaa???!!! - 'TV and newspapers' told me about the recent student massacre at the hands of Al Shabaab. Did the media get this wrong?!

TV and newspapers tell me about massacres of thousands of Americanss in the USA carried out by extremist muslims. Are the people living in the USA out of their minds for that matter?

Its starting to feel like I'm wasting my time now. It is my wish that you get the opportunity to travel. I truly wish you all the best.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Having read so much incorrect information about Islam, it occurs to me that they recognized factual errors that Muslim studies were probably calling them on.

And yes,jws do preach at Muslims. My aunt tries to witness to me by supposedly recounting her studies with a Muslim woman. Oh and she thinks generalizing her experiences working with a Muslim employer would influence me. While I know there are dodgy employer s in every religion, she made the mistake of assuming (or fibbing about, for a good witness) her former Sikh boss was Muslim. I met him before I became Muslim and asked him about his faith(red turban gave it away).

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

That question have impressed me for a long time. If the Christian God were the True God, why His Churches are so divided, so that they can't convince millions of muslims to be converted to the christian faith???

If the true God were the Watchtower god, why does the Society's preaching is so limited???

If salvation were dependent on the Watchtower preaching, millions of men and women would be destroyed in Armaggedon without being preached.

Also, how many souls were disappointed by pedofile priests of the Catholic Church? (the same as in the Watchtowerland)

Accordingly, the christian religion is a historical failure. There is no such a thing as "salvation", because we don't need to be saved of nothing, unless you believe that we die on account of the original sin, which is a false doctrine of Paul's thought.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Before I left I was the elder assigned to overseeing the growth of our Arabic group. We had specific direction from the branch to preach to Muslims and they even had a brother from turkey visit with us for a full month and educate the publishers on Arab customs and a lot of how to reach the heart of Muslims.

We we had a huge Arab population in our surrounding cities. We got to the point that we were having 6Arabic meetings a month Sunday. 2 theocratic schools. However it crumbled because there was an issue with a number of sisters and brothers who were getting to deep in the Arab culture.

Not just the clothing and the language but there was too much extracurricular activity. The c.o. Who handles Arabic groups became alarmed because they realized that after going on the studies he realized the Arabs and Muslims were really preaching to the witnesses. They lost 8 publishers to Islam around the same time in 2012. After a number of issues etc... They shut the group down and said they would let us know when to revisit the idea of the group .

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Lol. The WT makes it difficult for anyone to fully accept the trinity and they spend years indoctrinating us against Christendom. So, we are introduced to a faith that rejects trinity and respects Jesus. Women are taught to be modest. Me are taught to keep their eyes to themselves. Really, this is not rocket science. Not that there are many rocket scientist JWs. Oh, and I personally know two Muslim rocket scientists and as a former JW I am interested in how important education is to the people I have gotten to know. Especially after my childhood which was dismissive of higher education.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    JW have to rely on people believing the Bible is the word of God but at the same time be very ignorant of what the Bible says. Muslims do not view the Bible as being a holy book, in fact they have preachers that show all the mistakes and contradictions in the Bible. So the JW's would need to stay away from Muslims for fear of this knowledge rubing off.
  • kaik
    kaik
    I think there is also assumption that Arabic speaking people are only Muslim. There are also Christian Arabs since the time of late Antiquity and they follow old traditional Christianity. Syrian Christians or Iraq Christians are one of the many Arab speaking Christians.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So in Indonesia, it is against the law to 'preach or try and convert' any muslims etc...

In fact, as we know, at least 5 foreign witnesses (from the USA, Australia and France) were deported from that country a few months back for doing so!

YET the WT Study edition for Feb blatantly has a cover picture and inner article about this preaching in Indonesia!!!

Absolute arrogance and disrespect for that governments laws!

Almost like the org is TRYING to get into a further fight!!??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit