Watchtower Report Card

by Nathan Natas 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

How do you rate them?

- - - -
    Cult Danger Evaluation Frame
    by P.E. I. Bonewits

Rank each on a scale of 1(low) to 10 (high).

1. INTERNAL CONTROL, amount of internal political power exercised by leaders over members.

2. WISDOM CLAIMED by leaders; amount of infallibility declared about decisions.

3. WISDOM CREDITED to leaders by members; amount of trust in decisions made by leaders.

4. DOGMA, rigidity of reality concepts taught; amount of doctrinal inflexibility.

5. RECRUITING, emphasis put on attracting new members; amount of proselytizing.

6. FRONT GROUPS, number of subsidiary groups using different names from that of the main group.

7. WEALTH, amount of money and/or property desired or obtained, emphasis on member donations.

8. POLITICAL POWER, amount of external political influence desired or obtained.

9. SEXUAL MANIPULATION of members by leaders; amount of control over sex lives of members.

10. CENSORSHIP, amount of control over member's access to outside opinions on the group, its doctrines or its leaders.

11. DROPOUT CONTROL, amount of effort directed at preventing or returning dropouts.

12. ENDORSEMENT OF VIOLENCE when used by or for the group or its leaders.

13. PARANOIA, amount of fear concerning real or imagined enemies; perceived power of opponents.

14. GRIMNESS, amount of disapproval concerning jokes about the group, its doctrines or leaders.

15. SURRENDER OF WILL, emphasis on members not having to be responsible for personal decisions.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

1----8
    2----6
    3----8
    4----8
    5----8
    6----2
    7----dont know
    8----dont know
    9----6
    10---5
    enough....Theyre pretty high, but there are much worse.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I would give them a score of 110/150, or 73.33%

1. INTERNAL CONTROL - I give 'em a 10.
    2. WISDOM CLAIMED - another 10.
    3. WISDOM CREDITED - another 10! We're on a roll!
    4. DOGMA - Dude! another 10!
    5. RECRUITING - Once more, a 10!
    6. FRONT GROUPS - whoa! no fronts groups? ZERO! NOTE TO GB: Work On This!
    7. WEALTH - Sure they're not the Vatican, but who is? Another 10 for all those Kingdom Halls, Farms, Brooklyn property, etc., etc.
    8. POLITICAL POWER - this could be 10 or 0... Dubs don't vote because the WTS tells 'em not to! (This may change in Europe.)
    9. SEXUAL MANIPULATION - another 10! They must have read the book!
    10. CENSORSHIP - can you say the internet is demonic and apostate? 10! I KNEW you could!
    11. DROPOUT CONTROL - no "stoning squads" yet, so I give them a 5
    12. ENDORSEMENT OF VIOLENCE a goose-egg for the time being. Maybe Jehovah will tell them NOT to stand still...
    13. PARANOIA - Smurfs? Deemins? TEN!
    14. GRIMNESS - I'm feeling generous - 5
    15. SURRENDER OF WILL - "a reasonable person would conclude..." 10!

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

hmmmm.
    Well, for example, Item 10.
    Jim Jones kept his people in a barbed wire compound with guards, in the jungle, had no televisions, no radios and no talking with anyone outside the gate.
    Now thats a 10!
    Witnesses can go to the cinema, read books if they chooses to and talk to worldlings.
    I dont see how you can rank them 10 on this .
    Jimbo physically And Psycologically kept his memers from accessing information.
    The dubs only do it by psychological means.
    IMO.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Actually on the Front groups(6) the WT is making new mini organizations under different names to handle different duties, so those could be considered front groups, perhaps an 8 or so

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit