record stores / cd shops in Seattle

by DIM 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• DIM
    DIM

does anyone know of any good cd shops or record stores in the seattle area? i just moved here and would like to know. i collect alot of underground music and 70's rock (neil young type stuff). thanks for any help or tips!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't know about shops, but audiogalaxy allows others to share most anything with you. Some new stuff is blocked, but old stuff is popular. See: http://www.audiogalaxy.com/ http://www.audiogalaxy.com/satellite/index.php?SID=c9247a51c5a1aef5073faf7c6221c6e3

SS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Tower records and Silver Platters for current music.

Cellophane Square in the U District (Djangos.com) for older stuff.

There are also smaller indie stores around Seattle, like Wall Of Sound and Sub Pop.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

DIM - If I remember correctly you're south of Seattle, Auburn or Kent? There's a Golden Oldies (buy, sell, trade new & used) on Rainier Ave S in Renton. If you want to hassle driving north of the ship canal (traffic's a bear through I-5 downtown corridor) there is another shop in the University District (right on the Ave at 42nd), Second Time Around Music Stereo and Video. They also have a store in Federal Way. My oldest loves Borders but there's only a couple of them around, one downtown, and one in Tacoma (look in the yellow pages under 'compact discs...').

• DIM
    DIM

thanks for all of your help everybody! i also found an amazing cd store in Isaquah called Sound Stations or something like that....tons of cool stuff....

• Sabine
    Sabine

DIM - do you happen to play 70's, Neil Young type stuff on guitar? If so, have I got an ex-jw, neil young loving, north of seattle living, guitar player for you!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Soundsations in Issaquah is one of my younger sons favorite hang outs. Half Price Books (Redmond, and other locations) has a lot of older stuff too. If you are into jazz there is a REALLY funky shop a block or so from where I work in Pioneer sqaure.

Sorry the one call was the only time we've talked. I've been really busy with a bunch of projects. Maybe we can hook up some time soon.

• D8TA
    D8TA

CAPITOL HILL ON BROADWAY!!!!!

There be 5-6 of them between PINE ST. (all the way going North on Broadway) to around 12th Ave. (Near Safeway, QFC.) The last record shop is just 20 ft. North of a Safeway grocery store right next door to a Thai Food place called "Siam".

And NO! for you people of Seattle wondering about the Capitol Hill thing...I'm married. :)~ Lived on Capitol hill for about 8 years. And I miss it!

D8TA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit