Ran into an old friend

by pamkw 5 Replies latest jw friends

• pamkw
    pamkw

Today at the store I ran into an old friend I grew up with. We were both jw kids. We both rebelled at the same time. I of course went back for a few years. She instead never went back, but her life is a total mess. After talking to her a little I could tell she was still carried around a ton of guilt. When I told her that I had no more guilt, I knew what they said was wrong, both she and her daughter looked at me like I was crazy. I have become much more outspoken in my anger at the watchtower. It kind of made her feel uncomfortable, but at the same time she agreed with me. Honestly I think she thought I was nuts, but it was great fun talking to her again. It was great fun talking about who shuns us and who doesn't.

This is a big step for me, because for years I knew how I felt about being raised a jw, but I never told anyone one else. Now I don't care who knows how I feel.

Pam

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

that's cool pam! both catching an old pal, as well as being able to express how ya feel now. good for you.

and never feel ashamed about being nuts!

(¯`·.¸the agents of oblivion descend upon the sane¸.·´¯)

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Pam, will you be making a "back-call" on your friend?

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((((((( pamkw )))))))))

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I can relate to your kind of enthusiasm and I can appreciate how it might have unnerved your old friend. I ran into someone just recently that I brought into the Troof. I hadn't seen her for 20 yrs. It was so weird. We didn't have much time to talk, which was just as well or I would have blurted out a whole bunch of inappropriate stuff (as she still attends a little). It was three weeks ago at least and I really must sit down and write her a letter - but I know I have to play it cool and it's not easy is it? Ya just want to tell em' what a bunch of crap it is and I want to tell my old friend that I'm soooooooooooooooooo sorry for ruining her life (which I did)! :-( Oh well....................

Marilyn

• Grunt
    Grunt

I guess we all have a common problem in not saying too much. I remember when I first became a Witness; I couldn't believe ALL the lies the churches were telling. It wasn't justs the trinity, or hell-fire, it was also tithing, the cross, having a paid clergy and on and on. When I was talking to old friends I tended to try and tell them too much and point out too many errors in their churches. Now it has swung back again. I don't want to just tell witnesses about the mediator (which most don't know about) or the chronology and how they got it, or the blood situation and how they can even take cow's blood but don't publish all the things they can take, or the United Nations tie, or the Bulgaria lies or....well anyway I know just how you feel. Seeing them so clearly makes me want to help all those I know who are still in to clear the mud off their glasses too. It is really hard not to tell them too much. I wish all of you well in your efforts. I like many others on this board have prepared a little fact sheeet that I put out in laundromats and drs. offices without drawing attention to it. I always engage any witnesses I see, which I must say is disappointingly few. I have, just for my own pleasure put one in the door of a Kingdom Hall in Leesburg, Fla. but as I know that just builds the paranoia and the sense of persecution they have I don't make a habit of that. I have to bite my tongue when talking to my neices and nephews or else I will lose them and their parents. Patience, patience, patience. Time is on our side.
    (by the way - HI Marilyn!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit