nightmare about saran wrapped roast beef

by sosoconfused 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

just had a flashback of my mother forcing me to eat a rotten roast beef sandwich at the district convention.

I remember her telling me Jehovah would not provide us with bad food and how ungrateful I was. She literally told me if I wasted jehovahs provisions she would "slap my face off"....

for the love of god a roast beef sandwich sitting out in the hot Yankee stadium sun all day... I really wonder what could cause someone to be so insane

• Glander
    Glander

Did you get the trots? You obviously survived. Your mother was right. Never question provided food, literal or spiritual.

I can only imagine the condition of unrefrigerated "fresh" food in that environment. I would bet a dollar to an unwashed cantaloupe that a lot of people got a touch of Montezuma's revenge.

Diarrhea so bad you could thread a needle from twenty feet.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I threw up later and we all acted like it never happened lol

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I just had a flashback to when they were providing us with food at conventions. Hot Dogs with Sauerkraut for the entire convention whether you liked it or not.

• zeb
    zeb

convention burger. had some days off work after with the spews n poos.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The borg had their own huge lorries fitted with ovens to cater for the attendees at Twickers & Wembley when I attended with my parents in the 1960's. My parents couldn't afford these meals.

When I was old enough to be able to pay for a meal from the assembly catering team I realised I hadn't missed much. Under boiled potatoes, over boiled cabbage, reheated meat & watery dishwater coloured 'gravy'.

It was said the army came to the assembly to see how the borg managed to feed so many so quickly................Anyone know if this was a JW urban myth?

I can't imagine the borg letting an army benefit from anything of theirs, I mean there were experiences given at the assemblies of JW's that gave up their jobs because it started involving them with the military & they had to a keep good conscience before Jah.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Haha heartofaboy, like the army doesn't know how to feed a lot of people. How many years of practice has the US Army had? Just another JW myth.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Yummy rancid translucently shiny rainbow tinted theocratic roast beef. The kind of spiritual food that even real spirits would pass (or throw) up-lol.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

okay I'll be truthful here, our assembly food was delicious. We would have curries / stews / burgers / sandwiches. There were hundreds of volunteers and we used to get up very early to get the food stuffs done fresh for that day.

Then they did away with the food / drink stalls - no more skipping sessions to volunteer.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I think that too MrF...........when we heard it at the time we thought J's organisation is soooooo perfect even the army majors & colonels needed to see how well it is organised. At the time we felt reeeally good about ourselves.......

That's it exactly Ohio..............Rainbow tinted beef, thinly sliced with the fat stretch on the plate like a string dishcloth.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit