Possibly heard a Conscious Class public talk.

by lostinnj83 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lostinnj83
    lostinnj83

I can't be certain but I found yesterdays public talk to be interesting. It was on salvation. The speaker read MANY scriptures from the bible and didn't mention ANYTHING about the organization being necessary for salvation, just Jehovah and Jesus.

I actually walked out feeling like I had learned something.

Perhaps, he wasn't of the conscious class but in the very least he gave a nice NON brainwashed message.

Does anyone else think they have heard a conscious class talk given from the platform?

Please share.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Quite possibly, I used to give talks like that

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I gave talks like that the last 4 or 5 years I was an elder.

Everyone loved 'em. No one EVER questioned anything I said, or for that matter what I didn't say.

As long as you don't say anything overtly "apostate" their gonna' hear what they want to hear.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

We had a prominent (DC-level speaker) recently give the public talk entitled, "Serving with Jehovah's Unified Organization". I thought sure it would be all about "the organization". But, no. It was actually a really cool talk about the heavenly organization, and not one peep about anointed, 144000, FDS or GB. I wondered at that. Would love to get my hands on that outline.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

leaving_quietly

Google. There are mp3s of that talk done by different JWs.

Wait ...

Old thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/174030/2/Public-Talk-Outlines. See YKnot's post #8067.

The 2nd sendspace link is still working. Look for No. 3 (your talk). It's the 45 min. version from '91.

Speakers often use the outline as a general guide then make up their own talk. Nobody notices :-)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I too used to give PT's and other talks based entirely on what I could clearly see the bible really said, and not containing anything extra i.e WT contaminated.

Nobody dared to contradict what I said, they knew I would simply flop open my Bible and say, "what does that mean then ?"

The closest I ever had to a challenge, was when I gave an "Away" talk, and an Elder from the Hall I was visiting said to me afterward that he had given that same talk some time before , and he didn't recognise it when I gave it ! What a compliment !

I explained to him my method, which I probably should not have done in hindsight, but nothing came of it, in fact that Congo. requested that I visit and speak again, even though they knew I had ceased speaking in my own Congregation.

My method was to analyse what the cited scriptures really said, to strip out all dross from the outline, to shufffle the sub-sections around in to a logical order

(the outlines were dire, dry and put together by a disinterested bethel Boy) to concentrate on what we could actually do as Christians, and to finish on a motivating "high".

I doubt that Elder knew what I was talking about, but it shut him up, because I was sincere, I really, then, wanted to help my "brothers and sisters" find a way of living their faith that worked.

What this rather long post is leading up to is, if the guy who you heard was genuine, he may well soon be fully awake, and joining us here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit