Can't they EVER answer a "normal" question?

by mac n cheese 6 Replies latest jw friends

• mac n cheese
    mac n cheese

Ok, so, some JWs stopped by my apartment today. I knew two of the three that came to the door. They were all very friendly, no mention was made of our long absence from the Kingdom Hall, even though hubby is sporting a full beard.

Here's what I don't get, I asked after several of their family members and the responses were, "Oh, my sister and her husband are now regular pioneers" and "He's a ministerial servant now." etc.

Because we were all being polite I let it go at that, but really? I didn't ask about their status in the organization, I wanted to know HOW THEY WERE? This always annoyed me when I WAS a JW, now it's just a completely ridiculous response. I stood there and smiled politely, and moved on to the next boring topic.

I know, this isn't earth shattering, what's more surprising is that we were treated better than when we were IN.

Mac n Cheese

• Sulla
    Sulla

It's a weird habit. For them, their activity level in the JWs is exactly the same thing as how they are doing, generally. For my folks, the question, "How's Sulla doing?" can only be answered with a sad, "Oh, he's not going to meetings," or something. Kids, job, education, all the rest of it doesn't matter and isn't mentioned.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

no they can't .. because it is a cult... everything revolves around the group.. the gave up their Identities for the group..

It is the only thing that matters to them.. and the only theing that ever will.. until they snap out of it

• Ding
    Ding

Tater-T is right.

It's all about the organization.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, I guess they were in 'Witness mode'- trying to make a good impression. Let them relax, and they would probably moan on and on about all their medical problems and how badly the 'world' was treating them. What's worse- the upbeat news or the moaning?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I agree Mac n cheese...every year my now 79 year old pioneer mom sends us a wedding aniversary card...which usually include the latest news about her. It reads exactly like the annoucements at the service meeting...we are having our special assembly day blablablabla, going to pioneer school for the 3rd time blablablabla, your brother the elder, his wife and daughter are pioneering, blablablablabla, may Jehovah bless your marriage, blablablabla, I am so busy in service, the end is near. I asked my brother the elder why is it that we just can't express "normal" feelings for each other without feeling obligated to include the organization or our accomplishments in the ministry? Is it that we have no natural love for each other and that we love the organization more? This year the wedding aniversary card arrived and for the first time in years there were no mention of "theocratic" activities, of Jehovah's blessing...just how much she loves us and our children and grand children and how she wished us the best aniversary ever! I guess my brother the elder talked to her...and that not all is lost.

• ThisFellowCheap
    ThisFellowCheap

I know, this isn't earth shattering, what's more surprising is that we were treated better than when we were IN.

That's because they are only trying to get you back "IN"! Get back and be treated like sheet , sorry, cheap . . . oh sheep! Or maybe to a JC!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit