gonna write my annulment letter

by QueenWitch 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I know it may not mean anything to the boys in Brooklyn but it's therapeutic. Thinking of sending in on the anniversary of my dunking, May 30.

I hereby declare my baptism null and void on the primary grounds that I took this action before I reached the legal age of consent. Secondary grounds include lack of full disclosure of the terms involved. Subsequently, the disfellowship proceedings and any letters asking for reinstatement that I may have written are also null and void.

I demand a copy of any and all correspondence and records that you have relating to my baptism, disfellowshipping, and letters asking for reinstatement. I demand that afterwards, you remove any and all of my personal data from your present records and archives. I am to be considered as a worldly person and should be treated as such.

I just wanted it to be short and sweet. Regardless of what they say, my baptism is already null and void and I will no longer refer to myself as disfellowshipped.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I sincerely applaud your efforts but don't do anything but write the letter then burn it. Turn the other cheek and remember they have NO power over you. I've been out for many, many years now and have gone through many of the stages, that being one. But remember, every single acknowledgement you give, is that much more power you are giving to no one that can ever hurt you again.

Let it go. Be free.

Love Slippy

• Eve Deceived
    Eve Deceived

I absolutely love it. You provide excellent grounds for this annulment, it's very legalistic, and it's concise. Nice work! A+ I also like your idea of sending this annulment letter on your baptism anniversary. Not sure if the boys in brooklyn will care though, but that doesn't really matter because it's not for them; it's for you. It does not matter one bit if your letter is so logical that it makes them reconsider and decide that they won't consier you df'ed anymore..it matters what you consider yourself to be. It's a silly little cult; you don't have to play by their rules in how you consider your "status" with jws. It's all imaginary anyway.

For well-thought out reasons of my own, I most likely I will da myself if I don't get df'ed first. I have already created for myself a funny/derogatory da intended to piss them off and entertain myself, but if I were to provide them with a serious da letter, I would ask you if I could copy of your annulment letter. It's perfect, imo, for a da letter as well.

I may be the only one, but I don't seem to experience the theraputic effects until I send what I wrote...but that's just me. The unintended (perhaps unconscious intended?) consequences of that is it sometimes elicits futher communciation and/or problems, so I have to be careful with that in making sure that I really am closing the door, moving on, and healing. You sending this annulment letter won't cause any problems for you or keep the wound open, so to speak, so I don't see a reason why not to send the letter. Will it help you let it go?

The important thing, whatever you choose, is to move on and find contentment/peace in life.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

This is what I would write:

Gentlemen:

Please remove my name from your records immediately.

I was baptized on May 30, 2012. It's now almost my one-year anniversary and the destruction of this wicked, worldly system of things has NOT happened. Also, the cheap ink you guys use on your cheap paper that we give to others is giving ME a rash. Besides, when I try to explain things about the battle of Armandhammer, no one knows what I'm talking about! And the last time I tried telling an elderly man the "Good News" of the end of things, he excused himself, came back with a shotgun and said, "No, the good news is that there ain't gonna be no one on my porch in fifteen seconds!" One of the elders at my Kingdom Hall asked me, "What steps did you take?"

I said, "Bloody long ones! I'm not an idiot!" He said I should have died for the cause and I replied, "I joined this religion to see other people die, not giving them the chance to see me die!"

So I want out. I don't see anyone in the Governing Body complaining about misquitoes, dog bites and discussions of the intricacies of the Second Amendment! The only thing you guys gripe about is whether the air conditioning or heat is set right in those big, ugly buildings of yours in Brooklyn! I'd like to reqest a copy of my records, but with 3.2 million square feet of building space, I wouldn't want to make any of you walk to the nearest Xerox and make copies. (Oh, I forgot, you have girls to do that sort of thing!)

Look, let's just put it this way: Don't call me, I'll call you! And if you send any elders to my house, I'm gonna scream and yell "Rape!"

Sincerely,

QueenWitch ψ

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Bwhahahahaha @ Cold Steel!!!

@Slipnslidemaster - You're right, they no longer have power over me and I think that I need to actually send the letter to completely break any remaining ties. The only thing is that I don't want them to have my new address. It's really not important for me to get a copy of my records. I've already rededicated myself because I did feel bad that I was breaking a promise to God but not necessarily the God of the bible. Beside, I really feel that God understood the situation I was in and as you can see, I haven't been struck down or swallowed up in the earth.

@Eve Deceived - They sent a letter to the cong informing them of DF so I want to send one to them saying "nope, you're wrong". I thought about sending a copy to my mother but honestly, I feel like she doesn't even care. Maybe it will get her to think? Should I tell them to fwd a copy to the last cong I associated with?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I say you need to do what you need to do for your own mental health. Especially if you are currently kicked out, it really doesn't do anything I suppose to hinder you. I honestly still don't see a reason for people to get themselves removed. It just accomplishes nothing really. Unless of course, everyone who comes here and is having doubts or wants to throw in the towel had a DAOF THE YEAR that they just cut off and wrote a letter.

Actually......that might be a great thing to do. Some day of the year that the ex and fading community makes a mark on every year. Letters to the branch, DA letters, baptismal annulmants, requests for records, etc....

Thoughts?

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Call it Sparlock Appreciation Day or Sparlock's Birthday!

• bsmart
    bsmart

They require new members to remove themselves from church congregation lists officially. So if you want closure for whatever purpose do the same to them. Do it for yourself. Finish it well.

Peace to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit