2013 DC new releases - rumors ???

by obarac 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Unofficial stickers for the Revelation Climax updates

http://ministryideaz.com/shopexd.asp?id=302

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

After reading a scripture at the door the guy reached for my Bible, asking what translation it was. I handed it to him and told him it was the New World Translation. Then parroted what I'd been taught at Pioneer School...'Modern day translation from the Biblia Hebraica and Greek Septuagint...blah blah blah..." He thumbed through it, checked a few scriptures and the forward. All he said was, 'This is modern day translation? From the 1950's? 9 out of 10 people will have no idea what fornication means.'

Of course, he was wrong and I was right (because I had the Truth!)

Will be interesting to see the changes.

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

Maybe there will be questions at the bottom of every page that you can hilight the answers to! I also like the connect the dots idea!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

new tracts...?

simplified NWT...?

one and the same maybe.

• 88JM
  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The Revelation book was being studied when I started to wake up.

The amendments really confused me and I resented being advised to print study material direct from jw.org as we were unable to get "revised" books where we lived.

I didn't have any ink at that time (I had to wait for some to come from UK) and continued to use the old version. I understood statistics being revised and updated but other stuff made me think.

A dangerous thing for any witless to do!

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

This topic is way too funny! It's nice to see a group of people with sincere humor.

If we are to get a NNWT, I do hope they add in the missing books i.e, Book of Enoch, Gospel of Judas, Book of Adam & Eve, Apocalypse of Abraham, Acts chap 29, Gospel of Thomas, Jasher, The Jubilees, etc etc. After all, didn't the Catholics just start adding these lost texts to their new bibles?

Heaven forbid if the Catholics get one up on the JW's.

Course they would have to re-translate those books, especially Enoch since he mentions several times the 7 different archangels by name and not just Michael.

Billy the Ex B: maybe add some color pictures in that translation. Perhaps in the comic book style they started using recently.

OTWO: I think a nice big KING JAMES VERSION would get a few looks and I bet they would get your bible to you ASAP!

All joking aside, if this rumor is true, I wonder how many more people they will wake up to TTATT? We can only hope that it may force the JWDubs to go to other translations and verify what is being read. After all, that is what happened to me when I was shown Jude 9, from the Diaglott [A word to word GREEK translation].

Affectionately

Brother of the Hawk

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Brother of the Hawk,

I'd like to make a comment about the Book of Enoch.

It surprised me to find out (after my awakening) that Jude's reference to Enoch in Jude 1:14-15 is very similar to what is found in the book of Enoch, and Wikipedia also points to 2 Peter 2:4-5 and 1 Peter 3:19-20 as references to Enochian material.

Now, the more I read about the development of the bible canon the more I see the changeable position of the church on just what should be part of it or not. Heck, the fact that the WT teaches that after the death of John the 'congregation' as they call it was already showing signs of 'apostate' corruption should make one wonder why the WT itself simply went along with the mainstream when making their own translation of the bible. (Because if they made too different a translation they'd have to revise their teaching? They'd been using 'worldly' translations before.)

If I still believed in the bible, I'd write to the WT and ask them why a book like the Book of Enoch which is clearly referenced in the bible was not included in theirs, especially since the development of the canon wasn't a given, like God saying, "these are it, the books".

Just a thought,

Alec

• zeb
    zeb

and the blood issue?

• zeb
    zeb

seven post back mentioned 'fornication'. This gets such a hammering that im sure they are unsure as to exact meaning.

What about a wife who denies emphatically any/all contact is that a sort of fornication?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit