Looking For 2012 cdrom Thread and Quote Re: WTS 'Carefully Researches Info'

by Justitia Themis 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Hello all:

I thought I marked these two threads for future reference, but apparently I did not.

#1) 2012 cdrom:

I am looking for the cdrom thread. Also, is anyone willing to get me a hard copy of the cdrom? If so, please email me. I am writing a paper, and I suspect I will need the hard copy for citation documentation purposes.

#2) Recent quote:

Also, someone recently posted a quote from the WTS to the effect that JWs can rely upon the infomation they write because 'they carefully research it for accuracy.'

I can't seem to find either of these threads. Does anyone know where they are located?

Thanks

JT

• cedars
    cedars

Hi JT

a quote from the WTS to the effect that JWs can rely upon the infomation they write because 'they carefully research it for accuracy.'

Not sure about the thread, but here is the accuracy quote...

Jesus said that the faithful slave would be discreet in giving the domestics “their food at the proper time.” Christ thus indicated that those who dispense this “food” would be conscientious, prudent, and discerning in providing spiritual food for the household of faith.—Matt. 24:45-47.
    In our time, Christ’s anointed brothers use the Writing Department in Brooklyn, New York, to provide spiritual information in the form of magazines, brochures, books, and other printed and electronic material. This spiritual food, like physical food, has to be well prepared. Even Bible writers, who were directed by holy spirit, made sure that they recorded information that was thoroughly researched and accurate. Luke, for example, spoke to many eyewitnesses and “traced all things from the start with accuracy.”—Luke 1:1-4

And later...

In summary, the Writing Department insists on using only material that is accurate and truthful, even regarding seemingly insignificant details. As a result, “the faithful and discreet slave” can consistently supply spiritual food that brings honor to “the God of truth,” Jehovah.—Ps. 31:5.

2011 Yearbook pp.9-13

Cedars

• Splash
    Splash

Sorry Justitia, like Cedars I can't find the threads, just a few quotes:

*** w10 7/15 p. 24 par. 15 “The Spirit Searches Into . . . the Deep Things of God” ***

Carefully researched but written for enjoyment by average readers, all this material deepens our appreciation for spiritual things.—Hab. 2:2.

*** w03 7/1 p. 20 “It Filled a Void in My Heart” ***

Artwork in the Draw Close to Jehovah book was carefully researched and prepared in order to teach and to motivate.

*** w96 1/15 p. 23 Comfort and Encouragement—Gems of Many Facets ***

The articles are written very carefully, often after many weeks or months of painstaking research, study, and prayer.

Splash

• Gayle
    Gayle

I know it was said by GB Jackson about "70 checkpoints" about anything written by them. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/242261/1/Must-See-Annual-Report-Summary-Directly-From-JW-ORG

but I don't know where the original clip was

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Thanks all! Cedars, it was your thread I saw...thanks!

• 88JM
  • Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Thanks 88JM!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit