Something interesting after 6.5 hours in the ER

by Gojira_101 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

This is just a few things interesting that happened to me yesterday while waiting in the ER.

I'm fine other than a minor concussion and being sore from tripping over my cat yesterday and face planting into the corner of the wall.

So anyway I had to wait about 6 hours in the waiting room and while I was there, there were these two Hispanic women going around the room asking people if they wanted a "tract" on Jesus, they didn't know English all that well and I couldn't really see the cover of the tract or anything, but the one woman who approached me had what looked like a bible. Of course I couldn't see what bible it was. If I wouldn't have been suffering with a concussion and could think better, I would have inquired on if these women were JW's or not. It was weird because they were dressed in street clothes and it was around lunch time. I'm wondering if these were two fine upstanding sisters out preaching on their lunch break? They went up to everyone in the waiting room then left.

The other interesting thing was.....It's been many years since I've had to go to the ER, I'm thinking it's been about 10 yrs. So, once I'm finally called back, I had to start filling out some paperwork. Basic stuff like my ethnicity, primary language...etc. Then on the next page it's asking about my beliefs. There is a huge list of personal questions about my beliefs..etc. I get to the last section and it asks for my "religion" there is Jewish, Hindu, athisist...etc on the list and then I elbow my husband and point to "Jehovah's Witness"....Let's just say I felt great checking the box for Christan!!!! I knew I wasn't going to be needing a blood transfusion (BT), but it still felt great for the first time in my life NOT having to ID myself as Dub! And knowing I would have a better chance of living...that is IF I would have never needed a BT...because I could accept life saving treatment.

I felt good about that.

Cheers!

G

P.S. Please over look my grammer and spelling, I am still suffering with a concussion.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I've thought about contacting the hospitals that I've been to in the past and have my records updated to remove the JW and any blood potential issues

that may arise in the future while I may be incapacitated.

NJY

• wasblind
    wasblind

Don't worry, We know what your sayin'

I'm glad you alright .

• Emma
    Emma

It is a great feeling to purge your records. You might want to recheck because it took me several attempts over a couple of years to make sure the "JW" was off all my records.

• jgnat
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is very important to get your records changed, from J W to whatever you want. The last thing you need is for the local HLC to be advised that one of their own is in hospital

Gojira..... I hope that you are better now . Interesting experience, I am surprised that they got permission to Witness in the E R. Perhaps they just sneaked in? It does rather take advantage of the sick, awaiting treatment .......

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Get some rest Sis. Good job on sharing your impressions at the ER...journaling and reflecting everyday on where your life is going and what is happening in it is always great therapy.

And your grammar is fine!

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Poor Sweetie, I'd strangle me a cat!

• flipper
    flipper

GOJIRA- I hope you get to feeling better real soon. So sorry to hear about that nasty fall. Hope you are all right. It's good you were able to see the freedom that comes with checking your medical box as something other than JW beliefs. What blues Brother stated cannot be overemphasized- if anybody has stopped attending meetings and does NOT desire the Witnesses to have control over them in emergency medical situations it's imperative to declare in your medical records that you WILL accept blood transfusions and do this with your doctors and nurses signatures and knowledge. I did this about 5 years ago. And get your legal contacts and power of medical decision making changed to someone that will honor your accepting of blood transfusions- otherwise JW relatives, elders, or friends may make a nasty situation worse if any of us are laid up unconscious or in a coma unable to make our own medical decisions. Just thought I'd throw this tidbit out there. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Hi Everyone, Thank you so much for the well wishes. I'm feeling a little better, but I still can't "think" too much because then I get so tired, I need to lay down. I figured since I just woke up and can think right now I'd do a quick update. The cat is still alive. Jgnat: I've seen that thing before about the cat plotting to kill you...I serious think that is what she is trying to do hahahaha. I love it, thank you for sharing it with me. About my medical records: Thankfully I haven't had any serious medical problems and even with my PCP I don't think I've ever mentioned to her I'm a JW, plus I will be going to a new DR soon anyway (changed insurence CO), so I will make sure to make it very clear I do not follow JW beliefs. I also threw my Blood Card away awhile ago and I'm in the process of doing a new will and a legal (non blood card) health care power of attorney. Plus on the upside, my husband knows I will accept a blood transfusion, and my parents know. They are all fine with it. They would accept one now too :) You all have a good day. Peace and love. G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit