Question from a dummy (but very helpful if anyone can tell me): Do the members of the GB or anyone that serves get paid?

by FingersCrossed 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

In the JW-land, are there any of the GB, elders, or whatever posts/people get paid for doing the "good work"? Do they receive any monetary income (in term of salary/allowance/whatever as long as it is $$$) which come from donation aka from the congregation?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

All bethelites get an 'allowance', as do travelling sales reps

as for the GB, on paper they may well get the same allowance as the floor sweeper but the difference is in the package...

the apartment, the travel, the food, golden handshakes...

i am sure those up to date would know the amounts of $$$

Oz

• dozy
    dozy

Re the GB - the actual monthly amount is pretty small - the same as all serving Bethelites - but as Ray Franz mentioned in his book - the GB are the elite - they get first choice of the Brooklyn apartments due to their senior status and live a lifestyle that befits their position. Lots of international air travel , doubtless on first or business class ( as they have to "study" & prepare talks on the move ).

They also have company credit cards - doubtless there isn't too much examination of their spending ( you wouldn't really want to be the grunt in accounts that queries the expense claims of one of "Christ's brothers" ).

• designs
    designs

Someone should post the pics of Knorr, Rutherford,and Jaracz getting driven around by Bethel chauffeurs in new Oldsmobiles or Cads..

• prologos
    prologos

the rewards are not directly monetary.

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Therefore there is no difference from the ministers or pastors in the "Christendom" getting paid (I believe very few of the pastors can afford the luxuries these GB have using their salary).

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Thank you all for your feedback. Any links to the luxuries of the GBs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit