attempted suicide

by DIAMOND 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Can someone please explain to me what is going on with the Happiest People on Earth. A good friend of mine tried to kill herself Tuesday night. Apparently it was over and Elder.(appointed by Jehovah) He flirted with her for a long period of time acted like he was interested in her got her all worked up. She is married he isn't. She started to fall in love knew it was wrong confessed to the Elders. She told the Brother what she did. He told her that was a wrong move and hangs up the phone. She calls and calls and calls he never returns the calls. She tries to OD on pills.

He accepts no responsibility and went to the Memorial with no problem.
    Shes laying up in the hospital near death.

AND THEY CALL IT THE TRUTH.

Diamond

• Xenu
    Xenu

Jehovahs Witnesses face the same issues, the same problems that everyone else does. By applying Bible principals they, often have a safeguard that many in the world do not. However, the fact remains that they are not immune. What exactly did he say was "the wrong move"? If she is calling and calling, and he is not answering the phone, perhaps there is something emotionally wrong with this person.
    If the elder led on another sister, he was wrong. However blame must also be put on the sister for she was married. How exactly did he act like he was interested?

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Ah yes, so refreshing the JWs response - it's the weak sister's fault. Mr Elder can do no wrong. Ms Sister is evil and emotional. Go stuff yourself!

• Xenu
    Xenu

Namewithheld:

Please look at my post where i stated, "If they elder led on another
    sister he was wrong." Please dont misquote me.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Xena: Of course JWs face the same problems that the rest of the world faces. However, when you constantly hear that Jehovah protects his people, JW's are different than the rest of the world and, of course, the ever popular "Jehovah's Witnesses are the happiest people on earth" and you personally don't feel that way no matter how hard you try, it makes it more than a little hard to handle when faced with adversity. You begin to feel that something is wrong with you and not what you are being taught.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit