Inside Scientology

by sammielee24 4 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

On the radio show Coast to Coast Saturday, they had an interview with Jenna Miscavige who has just written a book about her experience. She is the niece of David Miscavige, leader of Scientology. She was raised in the sect, not leaving until she was an adult. She was part of the SeaOrg that so many people have talked about.

If anyone has a chance, it was an interesting interview with some call ins later.

She said a few things that will resonate with a great many people - one of them was adjusting to life outside the cult and realizing that people outside or as we call it 'wordly' were actually good people and not to be feared. She also said trying to find her identity on the outside was challenging. She made a comment about 'never dying'...parallel to the WTS. Shunning - being cut off from others because of bad association was another common theme. Busy work - they did physically demanding work vs door to door preaching, also similarities. Repetition to brainwash - repeating text as a method of brainwashing - also similar to the WTS.

When asked if she believs in God now - her answer also sounds familiar to that of many JW's who escape - she said that she doesn't really care for organized relgion and isn't willing to say for sure if there is or isn't a God. She feels she has had enough of religion for the time being. She also mentioned that joining in on ex-Scientology forums etc has helped her a lot because those people understand - and I think this would be a feeling mirrored her for many ex-JW's. We can't underestimate the importance of having a 'safe' place for people to come under alias to discuss the conflict they are having as they exit or try to grapple with questioning the 'truth'.

A pretty good interview and I'm sure if we just changed the name of the sect, we could link it to many of religions out there, some more fundamental and hard core than others. Good interview. sammieswife

• cedars
    cedars

I can't get enough of Scientology at the moment. Mrs Cedars is even starting to get worried I might be joining them!

It's a fascinating cult to study if you want to see just how far people can be pushed by brainwashing and manipulation.

The Church of Scientology is so sinister, it almost makes the Watch Tower Society look pleasant and unassuming by comparison.

Cedars

• dozy
    dozy

Scientology = the WTBTS on steroids

A rather scary example of what the Society might morph into in 50 years time once all the apocalypse / end times agenda is finally abandoned.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Or mope into the new world....... cause if there is a god the jw's wont be controlling crap.......in charge of the outhouse's most likly.

thanks for sharing the interview sammielee24

• Violia
    Violia

They had a very brief advertisement at the super bowl. I think it was just their URL, but it was there. The super bowl ads cost a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit