Governing Body MUST change the name!!

by The Searcher 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Unless all of the following Scriptures are being taken out of context, it appears that the present day GB should "be at it urgently", and re-name our Christian denomination pretty quickly.

Otherwise, by claiming to be God's sole channel of communication on earth, they are indicting themselves as being 'blind guides' due to their adherence to J.F. Rutherford's re-branding and registered trademarks!

Matthew 10:18 - "YOU will be haled before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations.

Mark 13:9 - and YOU will be beaten in synagogues and be put on the stand before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them."

Acts 1:8 - "You will be witnesses ofme;

John 1:15 - "John bore witness about him..." [JESUS]

John 5:37 - "the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me."

John 8:18 - "the Father who sent me bears witness about me."

John 15:26,27 - "the spirit of the truth, which proceeds from the Father, that one will bear witness about me; and YOU in turn, are to bear witness." [exactly as the spirit bore witness - about me];

Acts 10:39 - "And we are witnesses of all the things he [Jesus] did..."

Acts 10:43 - "To him [Jesus] all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him gets forgiveness of sins through his name.

Acts 11:26 - "the disciples were by divine providence called Christians."

Acts 13:31 - "and for many days he [Jesus] became visible to those who had gone up with him from Gal´i·lee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses to the people.

Acts 22:15 - "because you are to be a witnessfor him [Jesus] to all men of things you have seen and heard."

Acts 22:20 - "and when the blood of Stephen your [Jesus'] witness was being spilled..."

Acts 23:11 - "For as you have been giving a thorough witness on the things about me in Jerusalem..."

Acts 26:16 - "For to this end I [Jesus] have made myself visible to you, in order to choose you as an attendant and a.......(respecting me) witness

1 Corinthians 1:6 - "even as the witness about the Christ has been rendered firm among YOU..."

1 Tim. 2:6,7 - "who [Christ] gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle..."

2 Timothy 1:8 - "Therefore do not become ashamed of the witness about our Lord.. [Christ]"

1 John 5:9 - "the witness God gives is greater, because this is the witness God gives, the fact that he has borne witness concerning his Son."

Revelation 1:9 - "....came to be in the isle that is called Pat´mos for speaking about God and bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 12:17 - "And the dragon grew wrathful at the woman, and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 17:6 - "And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus"

Revelation 19:10 - "But he tells me: "Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus. Worship God; for the bearing witness to Jesus is what inspires prophesying."

Revelation 20:4 - "Yes, I saw the souls of those executed with the ax for the witness they bore to Jesus."

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

It's pretty obvious that Rutherfraud was clueless, isn't it?

• designs
    designs

Judge Rutherford's opus RICHES, published in 1935, lays out the argument why only a small fraternity get to have Jesus as their Mediator now and the 'Jonadabs' et al get some sort of relationship after the Millennium. Worth the read if you can find a copy. It helps to read up on John Calvin's 'Limited Atonement' and New Covenant theology to get where Rutherford (former Baptist) and Fred Franz (former Presbyterian) were coming from.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

The Governing Body of JW's has changed their name to God's "Faithful and Discreet Slave."

So....don't be suprised by any changes of labels. It's been happening in this organization for 100 years. The progression to re-naming "Jehovah's Witnesses" to the "Christian Congregation" has already taken place. The world headquarters of JW's in New York is now only refered to as the United States "Branch."

The next "new light" will be that the "World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses" is really in heaven. Wait....I think they already say that!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They are first and foremost a Marketing and Sales organization. It really is a tired old brand, and tired old brands die as trendy new ones come along.

So, I expect to see s re-branding exercise going on in the near future, always a dodgy thing for companies who sell a good product even, as they risk alienating there old loyal customers who loved the old brand image.

The WT does not have a good product to sell, all they have provided over the last 130 or so years is an illusory Bus Stop to stand at and wait for the 'Bus To Paradise, of course there is no 'bus, and no paradise destination, so making the Bus Stop look a little different may work with a few people, but most will know instinctively that no 'bus ever stops there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit