Israel and Palestine

by Xenu 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Xenu
    Xenu

Although the events in the middle East are related to the end of
    this system. I do not wish to turn this into an issue regarding this and Biblical prophecy. My question is as follows. Besides the initial war last century over this territory, has there ever been this much terrorist activity and tension? I ask this to the older member of this board who may have a better memory than myself.

• Francois
    Francois

Ever since the partition of Palestine in 1948 there has been tension, terrorism and war in the Levant. What we are seeing today is merely the continuation; more of the same.

If you consider that Jehovah was only the tribal god of the Hebrews, equal and not much different than Chemosh, Baal, and the others. Then visualize the Hebrews coming out of the desert and proclaiming that God had given them the Levant - which they gained by mass murder and genocide, there's no wonder they were despised by the surrounding tribes back then. And there was constant warfare.

Now, since 1948, the same thing has been happening. The Jews have concentrated in the Levant once again from all points of the compass and have kicked out the Palestinians. They have no intention of allowing a Palestinian state. Look at what they're doing to and with Arafat at this very moment.

I think the entire situation is summed up by that song from the movie "Exodus": "This land is mine, God gave this land to me..." How convenient for the Jews. Their own god gave them that land which already belonged to someone else, but the god of the people who already lived there didn't seem to concur.

Once again, this proves that Jehovah is nothing more than the tribal god of the Jews - not much more of a god than Allah, or any of the rest. Why would an Islamist bow to the Jewish god's "giving" their land to the Jews (in 3,500 B.C.; or in 1948 A.D.)? Now, if Allah had said to the Palestinians, "move over and let the Jews have your land," it might be very different over there. However Allah has been silent on the matter.

But, to be direct, no - there's no more violence over there than there's always been. There's no "sign of the end" in all this.

Francois

• SYN
    SYN

Sorry to hijack your thread Xenu, but are you really a Scientologist? Just curious...

[SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa - For Great Justice!

• Amazing
    Amazing

I can recall watching TV in the late 1950s ... news about tensions between Israel and Palestine ... camera showing gun fire back and forth. I don't recall the acts of terrorism, such as suicide bombers, except Japanese Kamikaze's in WWII.

In 1967, everyone (non-JWs) were proud of Israel when they took down the Egyptian army, and captured the Siani Penninsula, and other lands including the Golan Heights, Gaza Strip, and especially East Jerusalem. We talked about using Israel to clean up Viet Nam for the USA.

In the 1970s, everyone was proud of Anwar Sadat, President of Egypt, when he reached out to Israel, made peace, and he got back the Siani Penninsula. Sadat was later assassinated. (JWs talked of Peace and Security, etc.)

Terrorism started to show its ugly head in the 1980s. The tide of Israeli popularity turned. Israel was able to keep peace since the 1948 war, and 1967 war by hitting Arabs as hard or harder then they were hit ... and information showing how many Palestinians have been harmed by Jews settleing in Palestine during and after WWII started to emerge ... the book, "The Diaspora" documents atrocities committed by Israel against Palestinians. The Jews who settled there to escape Nazi persecution now appear as persecutors to Arabs.

Religious fanatics have always been there, but they did not have the money, political support, or large following intil the 1980s ... When Kadafy of Lybia was rattling Sabres, supporting the hijackers of Pan Am Flight over Scotland that was suicide bombed, killing everyone on board. This and other terrorist events ... and Ronald Reagan bombed Lybia, and took out its puny navy ... killed Kadafy's son ... and Lybia shut up ...

Then in the early 1990s, the World Trade Center was bombed ... the first really big act of terrorism on the USA ... and terrorism has continued ... mostly in Europe and in Israel ... and against USA embassies ...

One thing is clear ... the people directly harmed by Israel are willing to make peace. Israel is willing to make amends. The terrorists DO NOT WANT PEACE. They never wanted peace, and never will ... if Peace is made with Israel, they will have to go out of business. This is precisly why there are more suicide bombings during the Saudi Peace Summit ... designed to piss off Israel and make Palestinians look like martyrs ... But, I think the public opinion tide is shifting back to Israel ... and this time, if Israel does get pissed enough ... they will drive out all Palestians from the land ... pushing them into Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt.

This will lead to a major war ... and the USA and western Europe will be forced to intervene ... it is a struggle between civilizations ... a turning point in history ...

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• Will Power
    Will Power
    Once again, this proves that Jehovah is nothing more than the tribal god of the Jews - not much more of a god than Allah, or any of the rest. Why would an Islamist bow to the Jewish god's "giving" their land to the Jews (in 3,500 B.C.; or in 1948 A.D.)? Now, if Allah had said to the Palestinians, "move over and let the Jews have your land," it might be very different over there. However Allah has been silent on the matter.

Exactly.

If you want to know just how long this has been going on, (it seems worse cause you are living in this particular time) may I suggest an excellent book called "The Battle for God" by Karen Armstrong. Starts at about the 1400s to recent. Her other book "A History of God" does the first half.

Anyone who has only read history thru the WT publications needs to read these books. Nothing like an education in history to make you see how insignificant most people are. I did notice tho, during the 100 years or so surrounding the "birth" of the WatchTower, there were many people starting up new "religions". Its almost like Satan had been "loosed" for that short time to try and deceive many.

Anyone else ever think of this?

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

if i recall the (modern) history correctly, jews who thought they should have a 'homeland' began infiltrating palestine as far back as the 1930's.

at first the local inhabitants (palestinians) welcomed them, jews and moslem palestinians lived as neighbours in peace (remember, it was a british protectorate)...

more and more jews kept coming and after WW2 it became a flood. the jews began a war of terrorism on the british (the stern gang and others), and eventually won independence.

at this stage you can just throw your hands in the air and shrug your shoulders and go get pissed, because i can't se an answer to these trouble, can you???????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit