JWs at my door last Saturday.....

by lavendar 5 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

It was a husband & wife, and they started their shpeel. I asked if they were Witnesses. They said yes. I told them my son is a Witness, so years ago I started doing quite a bit of research about their Organization. I very politely and nicely told them that they really needed to do some research on their Org. ** Crickets ** With all the false prophesies and changing beliefs, I told them I did not believe it was "God's Organization", as they claim. ** More crickets ** The husband started quoting scripture. I said, "you know....I'm sure you can run circles around me regarding scripture, but you guys really NEED to look into your Org. It's not what it claims to be." There was a little more said...and then we both politely bade each other goodbye and I wished them all the best.

I feel so sorry for the JWs. Most are very nice, honest people. But they have been terribly mislead. I NEVER want to be rude or mean when they're at my door. That doesn't help anything. It just fans the flame of their persecution complex.

I have high hopes that someday my son will see the truth....and he will leave the Organization.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I will pray for your son Lav

• lavendar
    lavendar

Thank you so much, Robert! :o)

• clarity
    clarity

Gee Lavendar .... that org knocked the prayer rite out of me!

>

But for sure I hope your son can extricate himself from those

shackles! All the best

clarity

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

this is exactly what i was saying, and it seems to have worked. although, i would not go so far as to say "most" are honest nice people lol :P maybe half at absolute best.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done Lavendar ! I always try now to leave them with something like "it is easy to find the facts, just click on JWfacts.com !"

That, I hope, stays with them for when they are ready to investigate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit