TIME FOR A MIND EXPERIMENT

by Terry 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Try this "mind experiment".

There is a very large sports stadium the size of Texas. Inside this stadium there are four enormous crowds of people. They are all believers in Jehovah God and think of their religion as the Truth exclusively.

Group Number One are all the people who read and believed the teachings of Charles Taze Russell.

Group Number Two are all the people who came along after Judge Rutherford became President of the Society.

Group Number Three are the JW's under Nathan Knorr up to the year 1975.

Group Number Four are all the Jehovah's Witnesses post 1975 up to today.

Now here is the experiment. How many things do these vast groups of millions of Jehovah's true believers AGREE UPON AS THE TRUTH?

What kind of arguments would they have?

How would they settle those arguments?

Interesting, no?

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

They'd all scream "apostates!" and trample each other to get out of the stadium.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Ladies and gentlemen, the District Convention from Hell.

There will not be much opportunity for arguments, which is a shame as all those publications would serve as fine blunt weapons. Given that Texas can be boiling hot even without additional man-made help, I estimate that all of those Witnesses in the same place will quickly create a lethal amount of hot air. If the stadium is domed, they're going to be parboiled before the first intermission. An open-air stadium will kill less quickly. Perhaps even as many as 144,000 might escape this torrid bloviation.

By the way, if you happen to see a tow-headed short kid in an ill-fitting powder blue suit and platform shoes milling around the 1975 area, please get him to the exit, and tell him it only gets better from here on out.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Don't be silly!!!

They've all read the command in the September 2007 Kingdom Ministry Question Box which warns Witnesses not to research and debate doctrines together.

"Listen, obey, (the GB) and be blessed!"

• Terry
    Terry

What would fascinate me would be how each set of "leaders" handles the other set of leaders. The clash of personalities would be rich in

emotive expression, no doubt!

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

One of the JW doctories that is consistant is the belief of "truth at the proper time"... the idea of light becoming clearer over time. In your experiment, each group would think they had their "truth' at the proper time, therefore the other three groups would either be presumptuous or not keeping up. For those not keeping up, those would be considered "weak" witnesses, and for those being presumptuous, they would be considered apostate.

I would think.

Then again, you set it in Texas, as i we need any more freaks in this state (or running it) LOL.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Biblestudents are a clear and distinct group apart from the others. They wouldn't share the venue. There's 1/4 of the problem solved already, and the others would probably just shun each other... they wouldn't agree on anything, or even attempt conversation... it would be a glare-off. Each group would resolutely believe only THEY had 'the truth'... nothing would be 'settled' between them.

• Watkins
    Watkins

I think this joke applies:

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. I immediately ran over and said "Stop! Don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he said.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

"Well ... are you religious or atheist?"

"Religious."

"Me too! Are you Christian or Jewish?"

"Christian."

"Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

"Protestant."

"Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

"Baptist."

"Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

"Baptist Church of God."

"Me too! Are you Original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God."

"Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"

To which I said, "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.

• Terry
    Terry

I must emphasize what is NOT emphasized enough: ALL THE SACRIFICES & MAN-HOURS made by millions of Jehovah's Witnesses for the last 100 years have been for____________beliefs now extinct! (And even more "woman" hours :)

The shelf life of TRUTH is always less than a decade.

When a teaching isn't buried, dropped or flip-flopped it is distorted as to interpretation so as to render the original understanding wrong!

If it was TRUE-why did they CHANGE it?

In the Mind Experiment above, the gimmick spotlights the nature of BELIEF in what is TRUE and how time seems to destroy that "truth".

What is true is eternal, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit