ARMAGEDDON has *ALREADY* HAPPENED

by Quotes 6 Replies latest social current

• Quotes
    Quotes

In response to You Know's thread ( http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24539&site=3) wherein he posits that "Armageddon could happen".

(Give me one second to get my tongue planted firmly in my cheek.... ok... got it)

Consider the following (taken from http://www.byu.edu/ipt/projects/middleages/LifeTimes/Plague.html)

The Black Death: Bubonic Plague
    In October of 1347, several Italian merchant ships returned from a trip to the Black Sea, one of the key links in trade with China. When the ships docked in Sicily, many of those on board were already dying of plague. Within days the disease spread to the city and the surrounding countryside...

The disease struck and killed people with terrible speed...

After five years 25 million people were dead--one-third of Europe's people...

Even when the worst was over, smaller outbreaks continued, not just for years, but for centuries. The survivors lived in constant fear of the plague's return, and the disease did not disappear until the 1600s...

Estimated population of Europe from 1000 to 1352.
    1000 38 million
    1100 48 million
    1200 59 million
    1300 70 million
    1347 75 million
    1352 50 million
    25 million people died in just under five years between 1347 and 1352.

So Chicken Little (whoops... sorry) I mean You Know, your cries of "These are the end times" are only 655 years too late.

You see, we already had Armageddon, starting in 1347. After the confusion and economic fallout which followed, gradually the New World Order got its act together. The Dark Ages (i.e. Armageddon) were followed by The Enlightenment and The Renaissance, then The Industrial Revolution, then The Scientific Revolution. People keep getting healthier, quality of life keeps improving, lifespan keeps increasing.

Sure, we have not acheived perfection yet... but we still have (1000 - 655) 345 years before the end of the Millenial Reign (assuming we start counting from the start of Armageddon; I'm not sure when to start counting, as Freddie Franz isn't around anymore). We would have accomplished more if it wasn't for Chicken Littles running around and wasting time and resources looking forward to an event that happened 6.5 centuries in the past.

So please, on behalf of us Kings and Princes of the New World Order, join us in making the world a better place. Or at least, simply join us here in this world (rather than the make-believe one you currently inhabit).

BTW, what colour is the sky in your world?

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Dawn
    Dawn

He can't tell you the color of the sky:

1) He lives in a box.........
    2) He'll need time to check the WT to be sure his answer is in line with the GB

Mine is any color I choose it to be !!

• SYN
    SYN

Nice post, Quotes! That's quite an interesting alternative take on the situation, I must say...

[SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa - For Great Justice!

• Beans
    Beans

Alright I`m selling everything! Here comes the Magic Kingdom! Say Hi to Mickey for me if you see him first.

Beans

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

"He's a real nowhere man, sitting in his nowhere land, making all his nowhere plans, for nobody."

Tom

"At midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew go out and round up everyone who knows more than they do"
    --Bob Dylan
  • Beans
    Beans

You Know nothing

• Beliarus
    Beliarus

There was several periods like that, not only outbreak of Black Death in Europe at 1350's. Population of Europe continued to decline well until end of the 15th century.
    Similar period of decline and devastation occured around 530 AC when plague devastated what was reminder of late Antiquity, and as mentioned in writtings of Proccopius. The percentage of dead people was probably even higher that that of Middle Ages.
    In our modern time I would like to mention of WWII and its devastation that brought upon the world. But as millions of people suffered and were killed, no Armageddon occurred. Some very old JW are now desillusion, because instead of Great suffering, people are living far better and longer than ever before. I cannot imagine that someone would claim, that our current living standard, health care, level of public services, and personal freedom is worse then before 1914. I would advice to visit some exibits about life of our ancestors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit