Conversation Baiting

by irondork 6 Replies latest jw friends

• irondork
    irondork

I assume most of us here participate in other discussion forums of various genres. On those forums, where there may be JW participants, what would be some thread topic ideas for baiting them into a conversation, for the purpose of asking them questions that might help wake them up?

I realize that's a pretty broad question. In many other forums there is a misc. section or religion/politics area where a variety of topics can be thrown out that have nothing to do with the overall purpose of the discussion site. How might a topic be raised subtly, without causing the apostate alarms to go off?

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

you guys crack me up, you're as bad as the witnesses at times. the same way a person doesn't listen to a witness unless they got something already churning, so it is the same for sites like these. it doesn't matter if god appears and tells them the WT is off the tracks, they won't care, and it cuts both ways. with that said, you are left with one and only one variable that actually means anything, and that is, cater to their personal interests as a gateway. if they like football talk about footabll, if they like republicans talk about republicans, if they like cats then talk about cats. same thing the witnesses do, compliment them on their beautiful plants etc.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

The very thought/act of any JW even coming to JWN or seeking any other apostate site/book/video is preceded by doubts. I bet for every post on here is there 10 lurkers. Just look at how many view posts and do not comment. It is more 100 to 1 if you go by those numbers. You don't need to bait anyone. Actually you do them a great favor by bringing up topics directly. I mean, we don't feel guilty about bringing up topics, but they SURE DO. I know this sounds down right ass backwards, but think about it. If you are strong enough to be blamed for talking about a topic, then you have them feeling more comfortable in talking period as you have taking the blame for bringing it up. No sh@# off your nose, but a great weight is taken off their shoulders.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Iron dork,

Jehovah's witnesses are trained to do the very things you have asked

they bait folks into conversations all the time. Does Thursday Night ring a bell ????

# 44 Effective use of questions_________Theocratic Ministry school book page 236

In other words " Lead the unsuspectin' householder where YOU want him to go by askin' the first question"

People are fooled into thinkin' Jehovah's Witnesses are on a Godly mission

Their not. Their sole purpose is to recruit for a Publishing Corporation

I could accuse the WTS of this all day long, but proof is in the " Puddin' "

which I will gladly serve

# 30 Interest shown in the other person __________Theocratic Ministry school book page 186

In other words " Act like you care "

# 32 Expressed with conviction____________Theocratic Ministry school book page 194

In other words " Act like you really believe in the falsehoods you been taught "

# 35 Repitition for Emphasis __________Theocratic Ministry school book page 206

In other words, " force them to remember these falsehoods ; Then force them to forget

#40 Accuracy of Statement__________Theocratic Ministry school book page 223

in other words " Make sure these falsehoods taught are from the horses mouth "

" What if a householder or a workmate ask you a question that you are not prepared to answer? If you are not sure of the facts, resist the temptation to guess. You may find the help you need in the Reasoning from the Scriptures ."_________Theocratic Ministry school book page 223

Jehovah"s Witnesses Beliefs

(8) Last days : They believe that we are living now, scince 1914, in the last days of this wicked system of things ; that some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world." __________Reasoning book page 200

Didn't sound like an " Overlappin' generation " to me until New Light

Which then made the old light a " FALSEHOOD " and jus' think, they taught this shit wit' conviction

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have noticed that Jehovah's witnesses don't answer questions. What they do is start talking after a question is asked, and they parrot back a rehearsed script that they think is an answer to the question, with the often hilarious result of a long rambling non answer. I used to ask them questions that were not in their playbook, and watch them shuffling through the Reasoning book looking for the response.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi irondork, If you want to get JWs and exJWs to think, you can write comments to WTBTS infomercials like I am doing and describe in the thread Gone Fishing . . . .

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Simon
    Simon

"Would anything that the WTS could do ever convince you that they were NOT god's organization?"

I think people have to mentally acknowledge (if they say "no, nothing") that they have complete blind faith and adherance and cannot therefore defend the belief.

Otherwise, they have mentally accepted the possibility that the WTS is not 'it' and that is a start, if not an opportunity to show them that they have indeed already done things (e.g. joined UN, covered up child abuse etc...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit