Coco Rocha People Magazine JW Blurb

by NoRegrets 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

So I know that there has been a lot of discussion about Coco Rocha and it is pretty much a proven fact that she is a JW. I was surprised, though, to see her make a public statement in about it in People magazine. We were in the doctor's office waiting room and my wife pointed it out to me. It was in the February 4 issue (newest?) of People. It was a picture of her with a quote about how you can "just say you're not interested if you don't want to be bothered" or some such thing regarding her faith as a Jehovah's witness. Anyone else see it?

NR

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I read an article about her somewhere other than People magazine. She sounded like a whiney brat to me....saying something about there aren't a lot of other famous jws. And jws like her piss me off. She must be well connected in the Watch Tower to be where she is right now. I've read about several young jws who were pressured to give up careers in the arts, and they were people with real talent, not just underweight bimbos who like to have their picture taken.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    I read an article about her somewhere other than People magazine. She sounded like a whiney brat to me....saying something about there aren't a lot of other famous jws. And jws like her piss me off. She must be well connected in the Watch Tower to be where she is right now. I've read about several young jws who were pressured to give up careers in the arts, and they were people with real talent, not just underweight bimbos who like to have their picture taken.

I kinda view her as a troll. Her being a JW is pretty much an anomaly when compared to the average young JW, especially the born-ins. For her to model and do television shows, all the while using the religion as a schtick to somehow present her as different from others in the model industry is insulting to all of the born-ins who were forced/raised to forgo the arts because the WT said so. It's offensive and people like her, including Serena, Venus, Prince, etc., should really refrain from labelling themselves JWs in public. They're living the typical JW experience about as much as an atheist is. It's a joke.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I know a young-ish elder (44) who posted a link and pic on his FB page and said 'good article of 'our' supermodel JW sis' ... 'you go sis'

um...WTF. ?! I thought it was funny...guess it shows hw must be a liberal elder. lol.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Very funny insights everyone, and yes, Jamie infuriating double standards. I witnessed first-hand some of the ways Prince and Larry Graham could pretty much do whatever they want and get away with it so it's no surprise! The Purple One's first talk included an illustration about a dog humping your leg for crap's sake! Anyway, it's all funny and sad all at once!

NR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit