Whatever happened to these prophecys . Zech. 8:23 / Isa..60 :22 .Do they ever refer to it now ?

by smiddy 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Zech. 8:23 ,."This is what Jehovah of armies has said...."it will be in those days that ten men out of all the languages of the nations will take hold ,yes they will actually take hold of the skirt of a man who is a jew saying:"We will go with you people,for we have heard that God is with you people ".

This was a scripture that was presented to me, that I was fullfilling bible prophecy , when I first became interested in JW`s and of course all other studies,baptisms that were occuring at that time .And the clincher of course was,

Isa.60:22 The little one himself will become a thousand and the small one a mighty nation.I myself Jehovah,shall speed it up in it`s own time .

and I`m talking now about the early 1960`s

If anything ,time and history seem to prove otherwise , the gap between Jw`s and the population is getting ever so much wider ,the amount of hours witnessing to gain one convert is getting so much longer , the number of worldly people getting baptized is diminishing , especially in democratic countries with religous freedom those that do get baptized are mainly from family members or third world countries that dont have the internet available to the majority of the population. And their have certainly been no inroads of any significance in any muslim / arabic countries nor china,india,pakistan,indonesia,the united arab republic .........Do you agree ?

smiddy

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

they stay in never never land, never mentioned again so that in a just a few short years most JWs have never heard of them.

OZ

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Smiddy:

See my post 355 on this thread and my post 474 and 475 on this thread for some research related to Zech 8:23 and Isa 45:14.

I'm going to do some research on the Isa 60 reference because I can aleady see parts of it quoted by NT writers, which means right off the bat that they understood it differently from the WT - and without the two-class view - something that is akin to the "seperate but equal" idea from US history.

Take Care

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The internet is on satellite even villagers in India and China are getting Smart Phones. In Africa villagers amd microeconomics are having common villagers build Solar Panels and then they have electricity, and a village computer room, its changing selling fish in small villages on the coats of India, to remote access in Arab countries. Oppressive Arab countries have their own versions of this site for free speech. The Chinese people are always find ways round government oppression. Jordan has free speech, so does Lebanon, Saudia Arabia, turns a blind eye unless your on the street making a spectacle. Syria and Iraq are obviously experiencing dissodents. Egypt is the hub of the Arab World and it was part of the uprisings all along the northern Mediterranean African coast, all in Arab countries. Economic re-colonization of islamic Africa brings technolgy with it. There are 500 Million? Christians in Africa , thats more than in the USA . Americans tend to see themselves as the hub of the universe. There are over 2 Billion Christians in the World, nearly twice the number of Muslims.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Bobcat

Thanks for that info , I did find it interesting.

Villagegirl

I specifically had WT theology in mind posing that question , though I appreciate yor comments

smiddy

• Hermano
    Hermano

Isa.60:22 The little one himself will become a thousand and the small one a mighty nation.I myself Jehovah,shall speed it up in it`s own time.

I wonder if they even mention this one anymore?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Has anything changed in the last 4 years .?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If I remember right the ten men taking hold of the hem of a "Jew" (remnant of spiritual Jews) are the "Great Crowd of other sheep". I don't think any number was meant literal or expanded on. Its been too long to speak dogmatically. That's what I mean, 144,000 literal, 10 men symbolic. You pick. Could be a tough thing to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit