Scriptures the JW's "believe" but don't follow....

by Muddy Waters 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

"knowledge puffs up, but love builds up" (sorry, not sure where this one is in Bible)

"do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthing man, TO WHOM NO SALVATION BELONGS." !! (Psalms 146:4-6 or something like that)

• Ding
    Ding

1 Corinthians 8:1 for the first one.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Love never fails

• scary21
    scary21

In the book of Jude....take care of widows and orphans

• wezz
    wezz

John 15:15 - "No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.(NASB)

Faithful and discreet what?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

What brought ME out of the WT , was one day it dawned on me,

Mathew 25:35,36 ..I was hungry and you gave me food;I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in, I was naked and you clothes me,I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.

I was being told this was some "symbolic action" we were suppossed to take towards the faithful and discreet slave. And something inside me just said, "No it isn't" Its real. We are supposed to be taking care of people, other people in need. Anybody in need.

Thats why James 1:27 says True religion is taking care of widows and orphans. Not publishing books. Not passing out magazines, not dissecting the minutia and endless words of the governing body in the publications. thats not what God cares about at all. God cares about how we treat other people. God's "household" is just people on this earth, "who then is the faithful and wise servant" is a RHETORICAL question in Mat: 24:45 The question is about how are YOU are living your life and using what you have to improve things for other people and using your talents and resources.

There is no qualifying, "the least of these" ( not "my brothers" therefore restricting your works to the governing body) it just says the least of these strangers, sick, hungry,in need. Its not an "Organizational" statement. Mathew 24 and 25 is about the whole of mankind over time, not a specific reference to a relious leadership.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

"Los peces en el río revuelto".

The Chinese have an old proverb, "????" "Húnshuimoyú" (muddy waters make it easy to catch fish). In other words, opacity creates oppertunity! Do JW Scholars use Muddy Water tactics to trap their little fishes in their drag nets?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit