Making the congregations pay for invitation printing

by Rattigan350 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The memorial and District convention invitations have a space for each congregtion to put their local information on them.

The congregations then have to foot the bill, many times it is the service overseer personally, for the printing on them.

Some print labels and the congregation puts them on, others print with their laser printer and wear them out.

At first the paper was so poor that the particles would destroy laster printers and make a dust storm. Commercial printers hated that paper.

The Society should have a variable data printing system since they know the times of the memorial and convention for each congregation and they should print that while they print the initial invitation.

Think if it, 12,000 congregations in the USA multipled by $50 on average cost to print or label each congregation's amounts to $600,000. Do that twice a year for 7 years and that is $8.4 million dollars. A variable data print head system attached to their press and ink would be far less than that. It may slow the presses down.

What a waste of money for the congregations and they get nothing for it.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Aww, it's a privledge! Usually given to the wife of the ministerial servant most likely to be appointed elder at the next CO visit to take care of.

Not joking.

• blondie
    blondie

Why not an address stamp

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, and a good deal for $50.00, Sapphy.

• 88JM
    88JM

My brother's congregation sent them to a commercial printer who charged about about £200+ which is still good value really as they are not a small congregation so will have a lot of invites.

The congregation here is much smaller, but appears to have ordered twice as many as last year. I'm guessing they will be trying to push for everyone to auxilliary pioneer again in March for the 30 hours - the take-up was not quite as big last year. There is an item on the service meeting this week I think. No doubt they will be asking me why I'm not doing it. If they try pull that trick about having pre-printed forms like they have elsewhere, then I'm sending them straight to 2 Corinthians 9:7.

Blondie's idea about using a stamp is a better idea, and I know some congregations do that too. They probably don't like the idea of paying for a stamp you can only use for one occasion on one year, but it still works out way cheaper than printing.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The WTS is so cheap......that if the time ever comes the GB will make them pay for their own koolaid.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I know of one who ran them through an inkjet printer. A quarter of the invitations were messed up. What a waste. Then they had to emergency order for more from the branch.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

What's this? Mess up some precious invitations. Did the Soc charge them?

• tiki
    tiki

why not skip it altogether........

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Brother they begged my family member to build my best friend's kingdom hall for seven months to sign a spiritual credit report.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit