Anyone Reading Jenna Miscavige Hill - Beyond Belief?

by Simon Morley 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Just started reading her expose of Scientology. While it is shocking to say the east the similarities to Jw cultish practices are equally shocking. Just wondering if anyone else is reading it.

• cofty
    cofty

I don't think its available over here in UK because of our ridiculous liable laws.

Anything you have the time to share would be appreciated.

• cofty
    cofty

Just checked on Amazon UK and it is available. I'm sure I heard a comment on the radio recently that it wasn't.

Is it good?

• Mum
    Mum

Another good read of the same genre is "Monkey on a Stick." I do not recall the author's name. The book is about a Hare Krishna commune in Moundville, West Virginia. Sick!

Regards,

SandraC

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Scientology has "Sea Org" - JW's have "Bethel"

Scientology has "Disconnection" - JW's have "Shunning/Marking"

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

It looks interesting and is on my "to read" list. Let us know how you like it!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I've enjoyed her TV interviews. I've heard that she has family ties the the Originator of that faith.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

That has to be worth reading since most of the existing Scientology critiques are of L. Ron Hubbard. This has to be one of the first which focus on David Miscavige. The only Scientology she has ever known has been under the thumb of her uncle.

• Satanus
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

No, I haven't read her book, but I just finished Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman. It is a fascinating read, well written by a experienced journalist.

It's weird how many similarities there are between the Scientologist's organization and JW's WTBTS. There are obvious doctrinal differences, but the authoritarian, controlling way the organization operate are chillingly similar.

The other day I saw a 2008 NBC Nightline special on Scientology. In it, there was an interview with ex-Scientologists and former SeaOrg members Jenna Miscavige and Astra Woodcraft .

I started this thread about it. Check it out:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit