Some initial results from the 2012 global survey (beliefs and practices disagreed with)

by cedars 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi folks

I'm just in the process of compiling all the information gathered on the global survey on JWsurvey.org, which was held between February and December 2012.

I thought some of you might like a "sneak peak" at the results of the final question in the survey, which relates to the Society's teachings and practices that are disagreed with.

Here is a link to the PDF of these figures...

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2012-survey-results-beliefs-and-practices.pdf

It's interesting to note that the same issues occupy 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as in the previous year's survey (see the 2011 results, page 23). The Society's stance on higher education is still the most contentious issue among former and current JWs (95.4% votes), followed closely by shunning (93.3% votes) and the treatment of pedophilia as a judicial matter rather than a crime (92.4%).

Now that I have all the results typed up on a spreadsheet, the final results PDF should be fairly straightforward to produce. I also need to implement the suggestions we received throughout 2012 in revising the survey for 2013, which should be up and running by the end of this month.

In the meantime, if anyone has any observations regarding the information above, I am keen to hear them.

Cedars

• 88JM
    88JM

Thanks Cedars.

I know it's a smaller sample set of Elders compared to Active Publishers, but from the stats it appears that as a percentace, elders are even bigger doubters than the active publishers? Not surprising I guess, since they are generally a bit more clued up to the crazy policies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit