Not on JW.ORG: Have you been defamed as an Apostate or other "low -life" by Elders? Reproved? Disfellowshipped? Marked? Shunned?

by Balaamsass 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I was doing a little work related research on this subject today for something unrelated to JW land and came across this information writen for lay persons by legal pros. A couple of Attorney customers have told me they sugest this publisher's series of books to friends and family "Nolo Press" :http://www.personalinjurylawyer.com/topics/defamation-libel-and-slander

I have read many accounts on JWN where Elders have not followed WTBTS rules to the letter, and considering the ease of small claims court, the current $10,000 California limit, the ability to demand congregational records, and the inability for WTBTS to bring in legal teams to small communities all over the USA. It might just work...especially with current new anti-religion rulings and the common occurance of defendants not contesting small claims actions.

Read some of the information. For JWs with small businesses or JW employers, financial and emotional damages should be easy to prove.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

A few dozen $10,000 financial loses by individual Elders would have a chilling effect throughout the USA. On the 31 day you can begin the collection effort.

Imagine pompous brother Elder explaining away his wage garnishment to his "wordly" female boss/employer because he encouraged the entire congregation to "shun" a single mom...perhaps at the same company.......

After watching her car get towed away, and seeing hubbies small after garnishment paycheck..the Mrs might decide hubby should step down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit