Who is the author of WT books?

by badboy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Who wrote indidivual WT books?

• LDH
    LDH

Silly, don't you know they were written by Jehovah's Holy Spirit?

[8>]

The anonymity of the articles really started to bother me. There is a thread entitled "Experiences, how you know it ain't the truth" where I detail how my sister and I found out the Society was stealing, yes, plagarizing, from worldly books.

So the short answer is the all powerful Writing Committee.

Lisa

• rekless
    rekless

ldh
    where is that post Experiences, how you know it ain't the truth

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Bad Boy:

In Ray Franz two books, he gives insight on some books and their authors....

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Yes LDH, could you post the link for that thread please?

I would LOVE to see that.

:)

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

• Amazing
    Amazing

In the beginning, Russell wrote most of the books. C. J. Woodworth wrote much of the Finished Mystery, and later Rutherford wrote most of the books. Then in 1943 onward, Fred Franz and others shared in writing ... much by Fred ... by the 1970s, the Writing Committee shared in most of the books ... Sometime after Rutherford died, the Society stopped citing individual authors, and simply took credit as an organization. Today, talking with some former Bethelites who have done research for the Society, all material is passed through several layers of review, editing, and approval. Several particiapte in creating the draft works, and so when it is done, WTS books and articles are mostly a product of a group rather than any individual author.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• Dawn
    Dawn

Whoever wrote them - you can be sure it wasn't a sister ;)

• LDH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit