e-Transactions, the paperless world

by designs 6 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Fewer checks are written these days. Do you feel vulnerable or secure with your Debit card transactions. Mostly it goes ok but yesterday my business checking account was hit with two fraudulent transactions just days apart and by the same socalled 'business'. I have to give credit to my Bank for jumping on this a returning funds immediately and for starting a full investigation into the business responsible. Good lesson in checking the online account more often.

• Pterist
    Pterist

***Do you feel vulnerable or secure with your Debit card transactions****

Vulnerable, however, I try to use a credit card, where I have about a month to check on my account, rather than a debit were the transaction is done immediately. For ONLINE transactions I use only ONE credit card for ease of tracking. AMEX have always stopped or refunded any query I had and followed up with investigations.

• mariu
    mariu

There are still places in the world where cheques are written?!

• designs
    designs

haha yes I actually send the old pieces of paper off by snail mail.

Pt- good point about switching to a credit card. These fraudsters posted a Los Angeles phone number on the transaction to make it look more legit. The Bank person I spoke with called the number and a recording came on 'we do not accept incoming calls!' Red Flag!

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

For instance, on the www.jwgift.org site, your courageousness will be tested.

Terms and Conditions to the jwgift.org Website

4. Exclusion of Liability

The Provider will not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the Donor or by any other person as a result of access to or use of the website, including disclosure of personal data, howsoever caused.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

My pay check is deposited electronically. Some of my utility bills are deducted automatically. Airline tickets and other items are bought online. Movies and TV are streamed over the internet. I rarely have or use cash and the other day I walked into the Apple store and used my IPad to scan and purchase some items and walked out without having made contact with any one in the store. It's all very convenient and I've never had a problem but I gotta say, it feels like something very serious could go wrong with all this.

• designs
    designs

The IPad scan is pretty amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit