How will the US Payroll Tax Hike Affect the WTBTS?

by ABibleStudent 2 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

How will the US payroll tax hike affect the WTBTS? According to the article U.S. payroll tax hike seen hurting charitable giving: survey, 1 in 5 people in the survey said that they would reduce their charitable giving because of the tax increase. If JWs do not have well paying jobs, it would make sense that JWs working for a paycheck will have less disposable income to give to the WTBTS.

How do you feel the WTBTS might respond to less revenue? Institute mandatory tithing? How many JWs would revolt against mandatory tithing?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• whathappened
    whathappened

I would not be able to give 10% of my wages...no way, even if I wanted to. Then the added expense of having to have a suitable care for field service and all the gas, driving on return visits and rural territories. No f...ing way. It's bad enough you have to have an extra wardrobe, dress clothes plus your work clothes. Dresses and suits are expensive. Then there is hospitality and lunches for pioneer school, circuit overseers,etc. Travel expenses to and from assemblies. I am so glad I'm out. I don't know how I ever afforded that JW lifestyle.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I would hope most would tell them to take a flying leap, but most will try to cut back where they can and still give as much as possible, just as they are programmed to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit