Unraveling a Watchtower Lie

by sabastious 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious

In the first post in this series I connected the Watchtower with the Beast out of the Earth, or the "World Empire of False Prophets." Then I showed that Babylon the Great is the composite city of Corrupt Mother Earth ruled by these false prophets. After that I revealed the purpose of the idol of the Beast out of the Earth which is to expose the holy ones of the planet in order to exterminate or neutralize them. This 4th post will deal with some specifics as to how this world wide search for these holy ones is being accomplished by the Watchtower Society and what is done with them when they are found.

In the beginning of my study of the Torah I found out that I had some very large misconceptions about the basics of the stories therein. Namely the story of Noah and the Great Flood. I was convinced that I would find in the account proof that Noah preached to his people about the impending doom of the flood. To my utter surprise I found no such concept in the account. Rather, I found that Noah was specically NOT a preacher of the flood. This started a whole research project to discover why I had this profound misconception about this simple story. Lets read Genesis 6:5

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.

Logically, there would be no need to preach to this group of people. Since their minds were consumed with evil. The word translated "wickedness" comes from the root Hebrew word "ra" which simply means "adversity." So, what this is telling us is that the people of Noah's day were in adverse conditions. Since "adversity" was on their minds all the time, they lived in a state of it. What you could say about these people is that they all had "persecution complexes" which actually aid the tribal mentality and creates war. Wikipedia has this to say on the matter:

The formation of a tribe, in the sociological sense, relies on there being a common interest or goal strong enough that a group would in some way delimitate itself from the larger society. Persecution complexes are not inherent in all forms of tribalism, but they do lend themselves to the polarization of such groups. Communal reinforcement reassures group members that they are indeed correct; how could all of us be wrong? At extremes this leads to the groupthink that places continued membership of a group and conformity to its norms above rational and critical evaluation. Such a process is highly evident in fundamentalist religion, but is almost a given for any group expressing sufficiently extreme ideology. Nothing brings people together like having a common enemy.

What Genesis 6:5 is telling us is that the world of Noah was wrought with adversity that was created BY the people of that day. They were knee deep in their own filth as the story tells us. However, Noah was found to be completely different than his contemporaries. Vs 9 of chapter six reads:

Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.

We are told that Noah was blameless in comparison to his contemporaries. We are shown a dichotomy between the people of Noah's day, who were causing their own adversity within their minds, and Noah who had less adversity. Enough so that God hand selected him to be the beginning of a new world population. After God makes this call he simply asks Noah to build an ark to save his family and the animals of the world. He never tells him to try to convince others that the world was ending. Rather, the dimensions of the ark are given to house mostly animals, not humans because there would only be 8 of them.

The Watchtower uses 2 Peter 2:5 as a prooftext that Noah was a "preacher of righteousness":

if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;

The word translated "preacher" comes from the Greek word " kérux." Strong's concordance has this to say on that word:

Cognate: 2783k? ryks (from 2784 /kerýsso, "to herald, proclaim") – properly, a herald, a "town-crier" proclaiming critical news for the public (see also 1557 /ekdíkesis, "the town-gathering"); a preacher (a herald-communicator).

Now at first glance one may conclude that this means evangelism which it does, but only to a point. But what exactly would Noah be preaching about? There was not enough room in the ark for others as the animals needed to be housed. It was a COMMAND from God to get every kind of animal. Can you imagine Noah preaching to others as if they had a chance to live? What if people listened to the message? Would Noah then have to break God's commandment to make room for them? The whole idea of Noah being a preacher of the flood is an insane idea and completely ignores the Hebrew words used in the Torah. Such an explanation does a grave disservice to the story.

So what is Peter talking about? After reading the entire context of 2 Peter 2 you will see that it's all about salvation given by God against physical destruction. It speaks of angels who sinned being spared, Noah being saved from the flood and Lot being spared from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. It says that if God can do this for them, then he can do it for anyone who meets the same qualifications. The question is, what do these people need salvation from? The first part of 2 Peter 2 gives the answer:

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

So, Peter is saying that it's false teachers who bring swift destruction upon themselves. And it's from THOSE false teachers that honest hearted people need salvation from. The Watchower, as a member of the empire of false prophets, engages in this act of secretly introducing destructive heresies into the mind of God's people. One of these heresies is the false teaching that Noah was a preacher of impending doom. When in reality he was just an outspoken individual who preached against the adversities that were all throughout the world he lived in. He was righteous and could see that the people were the actual cause of their own problems and they were not acknowledging it which required him to speak up. They had a tribal mindset and persecution complexes of which needed to be cleansed from their minds. He preached this to the people as a "herald" or a town crier. Once he was given the commission to build the ark, however, there would be no need to preach about the destruction of the world, for God had already made his decision of their fate as well that of Noah and his family.

However, the June 15th 2012 Watchtower Study Edition, paragraph 4, has this to say on the matter:

4 After being informed of God’s intentions and receiving his commission, Noah built an ark to preserve men and animals alive. (Gen. 6:13, 14, 22) Noah also proclaimed Jehovah’s impending judgment. The apostle Peter calls him “a preacher of righteousness,” indicating that Noah strove to help his neighbors appreciate the gravity of their situation. (Read 2 Peter 2:5.) Do you think that it would have been reasonable for Noah and his family to focus their efforts on developing a business, getting ahead among their contemporaries, or establishing a comfortable lifestyle? Of course not! Knowing what lay ahead, they avoided such distractions.

So, the Watchtower is saying that building a small business is a distraction to God's commission of the World Wide Preaching Work. They demonize creating a "comfortable lifestyle" by saying that doing so would have been a needless distraction for Noah's evangelism whom they want all their members to act like. Yet, according to the account his preaching actually stopped when God gave him the commission to build the ark. His actions were redirected by God from preaching to building and collecting animals. It's no coincidence that this destructive heresy of the Watchtower uses 2 Peter 2 as a prooftext, which specifically mentions secret destructive heresies. It's a brazen attempt by them to mock the true God who does save people who find themselves caught up in these heretical teachings. Peter was clarifying the Torah for the people of his day in his book. He also battled against destructive heresies implanted into minds of his people. This battle has been going on for a very, very long time.

The Beast out of the Earth scowers the land searching for lovers of truth specifically to deceive them into heresy and idol worship. God will not allow this forever, their time has come.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

I also wanted to address the issue of religious oaths in regards this topic. The June 15th 2012 Watchtower article, which is quoted above, begins with this:

WHEN you become a dedicated and baptized follower of Jesus, you take a very serious step. Your dedication to God is the most serious decision that you as an individual can make. It is as if you are saying: ‘Jehovah, I want you to be my Master in every aspect of my life. I am your servant. I want you to determine how I should spend my time, what my priorities should be, and how I should use my resources and talents.’

2 If you are a dedicated Christian, this is basically what you promised Jehovah. You are to be commended for your decision; it was the right and wise thing to do. What, though, does your recognizing Jehovah as your Master imply as to the way you use your time? The examples of Noah,Moses, Jeremiah, and the apostle Paul can help us to examine that question. Each of them was a whole-souled servant of Jehovah. Our situation is similar to theirs. The decisions theymadewith regard to their principal pursuits can encourage us to examine how we are using our time.—Matt. 28:19, 20; 2 Tim. 3:1.

The Watchtower has all their members go through a public oath to the organization when becoming a "baptised Christian."

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism.

The Book of Matthew has something to say about oath-taking:

Matthew 5 - 33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

The above Watchtower quote is basically saying "Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made." They are saying that because you made a promise to God in a convention or assembly hall of theirs that you also made a promise to them. That's why they add in "God's spirit-directed organinization" to the baptismal vows. Yet, the Bible is clear on this subject as it states that oaths are wholly unnessesary to God. Rather, he wants us to use the simplicity of our yes meaing yes and our no meaning no. The verse specifically states that anything beyond such simplicity comes from "the evil one."

Further down the article you will find this image:

This is an actual scene from the Watchtower's fabrication of Noah's day. It shows him acting exactly like the Watchtower publisher. Preaching to people who are rejecting the message. Yet, for a Watchtower publisher their message is getting rejected, not because it's God's, but because it's an obviously false message. The image shows people in the background noticing what is being taught as if they are future prospects. The entire scene is a perfect example of how the Watchtower goes "beyond what is written" to suit their own organizational procedures.

The article first asserts that the Watchtower has total authority to tell you what to do, IF you have sworn an oath to them, and then uses a false teaching to make you bow down to. Because IF you believe this tripe, you are engaging in an act of idolatry. You are bowing down to the Image of the Beast erected by a false prophet seeking adoration and worship over the True God. Since Christ IS truth, worshipping a lie is the only way around.

-Sab

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

How ironic that the Watchtower would say this as part of the oath of baptism:

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism.

But in the Bible Teach book that they have prospective recruits study, they tell them just the opposite.

24 However, baptism is not a mere bath. It is a symbol of something very important. Going beneath the water symbolizes that you have died to your former life course. Being raised up out of the water indicates that you are now alive to do the will of God. Remember, too, that you have made a dedication to Jehovah God himself, not to a work, a cause, other humans, or an organization. Your dedication and baptism are the beginning of a very close friendship with God—an intimate relationship with him.—Psalm 25:14.

Both of those statements can not be true. A recruit is told one thing, and later on after baptism they are told something that makes the first claim untrue.

The Watchtower is a lying bait and switch organization!

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body publishes bait and switch lies

• sabastious
    sabastious

2 years ago I wrote a thread about Kingdom Hall Hypnosis. I determined that the KH format induced a type of hypnosis in the audience. I remember consistantly feeling extreme tiredness while in a meeting and then when the prayer ended I felt invigorated. Then when I was driving home with my wife we would try to recount what the meeting was about and we always seemed to have a hard time remembering the points made.

But why would the Watchtower need to hypnotize their members? The answer is that there's just no way they could ever get anybody to believe their lies without it. They would also have zero control over the lives of their members without implanting in them ideas through a sophisticated system of mind control.

Charles Taze Russell didn't believe that all the members of the Watchtower society required going door to door to preach. That was a Rutherford change. The question is how does the Watchtower get their rank and file to believe that their preaching work is a commission from God for every single person on the planet? Lets re-read paragraph 4 in the Watchtower quoted in the OP:

4 After being informed of God’s intentions and receiving his commission, Noah built an ark to preserve men and animals alive. (Gen. 6:13, 14, 22) Noah also proclaimed Jehovah’s impending judgment. The apostle Peter calls him “a preacher of righteousness,” indicating that Noah strove to help his neighbors appreciate the gravity of their situation. (Read 2 Peter 2:5.) Do you think that it would have been reasonable for Noah and his family to focus their efforts on developing a business, getting ahead among their contemporaries, or establishing a comfortable lifestyle? Of course not! Knowing what lay ahead, they avoided such distractions.

Now lets read the question that was asked when this article was studied by JW's all around the world:

4. How did Noah use his time after receiving his commission from Jehovah, and why?

The Watchtower is being very cunning here because they are staying relatively true to the story because they don't explicitly state that God's commission was for Noah to preach God' impending judgement. They state that his commission was to "preserve men and animals alive" which is similar to the Watchtower message of coming into Kingdom Halls for survival from Armageddon. However, they are fishing for a certain response from the audience. The format of the Watchtower study is that the conductor gets the main answer to the question and then accepts supporting points that don't deviate from the paragraph at hand.

A first person might answer, "Noah used his time to preserve men and animals alive similar to the world wide preaching work."

The second person might offer a supporting point from the paragraph like this, "Noah also proclaimed God's impending judgement on mankind to help the people appreciate the gravity of their situation."

What is happening here is that the Watchtower is getting the rank and file to lie for them about the story of Noah and the flood. They didn't say that it was God's commission to Noah to preach about the impending judgement, they get the rank and file to say it, which is then confirmed in the minds of the audience. That's why the hypnosis is important, because they need the audience in a hazy mental state so they don't understand what is truly going on. Which is that a lie is being implanted into their minds in order to compel them to action. Cults always have unethical recruitment policies and this is one way they create their army of unethical recruiters.

After the first two points are covered another person will raise their hand and say something like this, "Noah used his time wisely by warning people and saving lives. We should follow his example and not take on unnecessary life burdens to establish a comfortable lifestyle or get ahead of our contemporaries."

Interestingly, getting ahead of your contemporaries was exactly why God favored Noah in the first place which is what the Watchtower condemns. He was refered to as "blameless among his people" which meant that he was ahead of them. Notice what paragraph 3 of the same article has to say about Jesus reference to the "days of Noah":

3 Jesus drew a parallel between Noah’s time and ours. “Just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be,” he said. They were “eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away.”

The Watchtower wants their members to believe that when people reject them in their ministery that it's the same thing as when the people of Noah's day rejected his message (which is why they painted the picture of Noah getting rejected which is included in the article). However, as we read in the OP in the story Noah never preached God's impending judgement. Not only would there be no point, it would also distract him from his actual commission of building the ark which took 40 years to complete. Every second counted so there would be no reason to go preaching to people who will never listen in the first place. Yet, the Watchtower wants their members to identify with this character they made up which is based on the Biblical narrative of Genesis 6-9.

This teaching does two things. It creates new evangelizers for the cult and it reinforces the decision of people who chose to go into the preaching work. It freshens up their mind as to why they are frittering away their lives for the Watchtower instead of establishing a comfortable lifestyle.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit