Multitudes of people are named Jesus ,how many do you know of that go by the name of Allah ,Yahweh , Adonai , or Jehovah ,

by smiddy 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I do recall a person who changed his name to Yahweh Ben Yahweh , that is the only person I have ever heard of , are their any others ?

smiddy

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Yes I remember seeing a Dateline or some such program about him years ago (easily 15 or 20) he was a very militant demagogue type.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Here in UK Jesus is not a common name.

The first time I heard of anyone with that name other than Christ was a children's entertainer at the hotel we were staying at in Spain.

My daughter came from the play area with a large flower painted on her arm. I asked her who did it and she replied "Jesus". It felt very strange to be using that name on a real live person.

When I told witnesses in UK the children's entertainer was called Jesus they thought it was blasphemous and should not be allowed!

• blondie
    blondie

Many bible names have a form of Jehovah imbedded in them

Isaiah

Jehoshua

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I was reading a local paper in CT about 10 years ago wherein an African American woman named Jehovah was pictured in an article. The elders thought it must have been a mistake because Jehovah wouldn't allow His name to be used by a mere mortal.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

How about JayZ, who calls himself Hovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit