Governing body says your obligation is to ask questions.

by oldregretfuljwx2 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oldregretfuljwx2
    oldregretfuljwx2

Being old and having a shit load of bound volumes comes in handy. I was amusing myself and others by reading the cow article to some friends that were over out of the bound volume watchtower 1961 pg 767. The horny cow= hornywomen analogy always cracks a crowd up when afterwards I flipped through the old light and saw page 643 and the article bashing catholics. The title is "Why Do They Fear Bible Discussion?" How the tone of the article disparages the catholic quotes of ""Do not converse with them!" "do not accept booklets they offer you!" "close the way to any discussion" to their members if approached by jehovah's witnesses.

Now the article goes on to reassure catholics that it is bible based to allow discussion! Using Matt 10:7 and 1 Peter 3:15. "sanctify the lord christ in your hearts, being ready always to satisfy everyone that asketh you a reason of that hope which is in you" (article quoted catholic douay verson)

Another interesting part is "In explaining its position on Bible discussion, the Church may say that the Bible is not enough that he traditions of the Church must also be considered in matters of faith" ( 30 seconds or less to google the watchtower quotes on needing the publications of the faithful slave not just the bible)

then later " Of course the Roman Catholic Church makes it plain that it occupies a position of special authority as the church founded by Christ, and is therefore the only real authority in these matters of faith" oh google 10 seconds and find "Consider, too, the fact that Jehovah's organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by God's holy spirit or active force. (Zech. 4:6) Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book. Many persons of the world are very intelligent, capable of understanding complex matters. They can read the Holy Scriptures, but they cannot understand their deep meaning. Yet God's people can comprehend such spiritual things. Why? Not because of special intelligence on their part, but as the apostle Paul declared: "For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God."" Watchtower 1973 Jul 1 p.402

later the article asks the question "Do you feel free to discuss your religion with others?"

a snide " If after years of membership in the catholic church you feel that your faith is so weak that a few minutes of Bible discussion with jws will raise doubts in your mind...."

ending with a superior " To be a REAL Christian, you must be willing to discuss your faith with others"

it's like they go back to catholic bashing articles to actually base their form of hierarchy and rulership over members now.

• clarity
    clarity

Well, hello again ORjwx ....what kept ya?

>

Actually, you aren't old, you are historic ...and that's really

IN right now!

>

I like those wt quotes ... geez I remember placing those scorching

damn watchtowers.

>

My territory (don't think it was called territory then!)

was in a mostly Catholic area. Omg, we were appalled that those people

were not allowed to read the bible... only Priests could understand that

kind of stuff!!!! sound familiar!

>

So embarrassing to place mags that were sooo critical of these people.

>

The Duplessis era from 1936 - 1949 was very difficult in Canada

because of the Jw's 'persecution' of the Catholic church & the

backlash of that!

>

"Duplessis' efforts to rid the streets of Jehovah's Witnesses took the issue all the way to the Supreme Court of Canada. The legal issues concerned freedom of speech as much as it concerned freedom of religion. The Supreme Court held that there can be no freedom of religion without freedom of speech."

>

And yet........freedom of speach is what JW's take away from there own people!

>

I wish you could somehow, put those pages up here, along with the

watchtower cover.

>

I have family who shy away, & refuse to talk or discuss anything about

the religion ... so afraid of losing the faith .........what! ? So it feels pretty

much like shunning, although I have done nothing but think critically &

asked a few questions. Imagine that!

>

Anyway, nice to hear from you again...keep on

posting ok, you have a lot of important things to

tell the younger generation ...if not you ....who?

clarity

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

MATTHEW 24:48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be."

It, indeed, is so ironic that the WTS goes to the courts to protect freedom of speech and religion, often attacking the false teachings of others, yet it has created an impressive environment for all followers. It's true. If you ask a question that seems to contradict or challenge Watchtower doctrines, then you get marked and persecuted. The reality fulfills the scripture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit