New members who are still active, what do you think?

by OccupyJehovahsWitnesses 9 Replies latest jw friends

• OccupyJehovahsWitnesses
    OccupyJehovahsWitnesses

Hey everybody! :)

I was curious, as I've seen several new members on the board who are still active, what do you think about the topics you see on here?

I'm very interested to know what your experience has been like, finding the site, signing up, engaging in conversations. What was your original motivation?

How are you liking the interaction so far?

It's been long enough since I've been out, it's like a new witness generation, haha.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It was freaking SCARY at first. I was easily offended by some of the comments. Now I find most on here to be the most honest and sincere people on earth. Yes, some are very angry. Most often because they suffered real harm at the hands of WTS and/or its policy. You'll also find that many are much more knowledgable about JWs doctrine and history than any active JW you'll ever meet.

Doc

• msjacob
    msjacob

Been looking at the site for awhile. My friends say don't. I am very active. Been through tough trials within. I see some of you and realize your hurt. You may be surprised when you wake up and see yourself on the other side and those in charge never to be seen again. That's why I hope some of you don't go too far in your anger. I apologize for those that persecuted you. I appreciate the courage it takes to post the secret papers but nothing should really be a secret. That's how I feel. Jehovah is the only One in charge.

• Emery
    Emery

msjacob, I used to think the same way but the WT has a systemic problem of prejudice and a poisonous view of the world that is not natural, it is learned.

To label persons who have left the movement as wicked or apostate due to a differing opinion is not held in any way christian or found in the bible. When you realize the false authority they have, how it is not backed up by their own history or by their own interpretation of the bible, you will see how futile and pointless their shunning policies and mental regulations are. Hopefully you will see this and continue waking up. I agree that many handle deceit in a very bitter way but the Watchtower reaps what is sows with their social and life altering policies.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

OccupyJW - You have a PM

• Terry
    Terry

I wish there was more polity, empathy and restraint among our wounded here so that this discussion group doesn't immediately

give the impression we are grumpy and combative ne'er-do-wells:)

But, then I realize---nothing is more refreshing than the freedom to challeng ideas by demanding the substance behind them!

We all have a right to reality.

With religious doctrine it is : Take it or Leave it! No room for our mind.

You can't challenge religious ideas. It is viewed with suspicion as treason.

As though God could be offended by our USE OF OUR MIND!

Good ideas drive bad ideas away when we are free to challenge.

But, without the permission to speak freely we become parrots and tools.

Depression and discomfort become a way of life.

• msjacob
    msjacob

Emery:

I made some difficult decisions to stay. My family was distroyed as I was also. But I arose through the ashes. I try to deal with others knowing how I was once treated. I go the extra miles and pull all the spiritual strings for those who need care. I listen, believe the person and try to call it as it is not as some would like it to be. I'm aware of the things going on.

I don't judge anyone on this site, been many of those places, long ago...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Well, I relate to some and not to others. I am more out than in, but it is still new, and my wife/family/friends are in and I am trying to retain them. As I no longer find myself justifying falsehood taught in the name of God in any form, i have no problem calling a duck a duck. I will not be counted, turn in time, or support the organization that I would say has lost its way, if we didn't start out of the crazy gate on full blast to begin with.

I understand there is good in the group, but so goes life. I have problems with Blood, Disfellowshipping, enforcement of doctrine, the doctrine of the GB.......not so much with military stocks, UN/NGO stuff, and some other things people here get hot under the collar about.

So to each their own. I still believe in God, but I also believe in reason. I suppose I am trying to combine the two. In the meantime, I just want to slowly help those I care about wake up.

To live a life that is not authentic, is to live in prison. I now life a more authentic life, but its not where I should be. Integrity is no longer just a word to me.

• OccupyJehovahsWitnesses
    OccupyJehovahsWitnesses

Wow, great comments everybody! I used to spend a lot more time on this site, under a different name. Since coming back to the site I've noticed a lote more newer members, who are still on the inside. So I was, and remain, very interested in your take on the current state of things, and how they relate to you.

I'm working a book about my experience, which is so much easier said than done. It's nice to hear others feelings and opinions :D

• Pterist
    Pterist

Mixed feelings. There seems to be a lot more emphasis on achedemics than spirituality. If we are here to help JWs out of a cult that hinders higher education, it would certainly be a bit intimidating that a comment would have to prepared for higher critism based on its grammar and syntax.

Otherwise the updates of what's going on in the org. from R&F around the world is invaluable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit