Sunday and Monday Meeting adventures, mixed with other thoughts.

by OneStepOut93 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

Hey Friends. If you don't know me, I'm Lexi, a born-in, 19 years old, living with my JW grandma still physically in but mentally out. Anyways, went to Sunday AND Monday meetings, couldn't stand either of them. Was pretty funny though bc a brother broke the seat he was sitting in and on Monday night's meeting the mics stopped working completely haha. My grandma and her friend were gossiping beside me about a disfellowshipped woman (for shame) and about this other woman my grandma says she can't stand and calls "miss smarty pants" (though she tells me to get along with the SUPER Spiritual little miss perfect). Ugh. And this Thursday I have my sucky study (yep that's right, a study...can't wait for it to be over..). Almost puked last night because they were talking about (again) how kids should spend their time out in service instead of having fun at home and only being friends with people who are spiritually strong who you have nothing in common with. Geez. And how we should only be friends with people who's hearts are molded like Jehovah's... PUHLEAZE. It took all my strength not to roll my eyes.

OH I WAS THINKING OF DYING THE TIPS OF MY HAIR PINK AND BLUE AND SHOWING UP TO MEETING! What do you think? ;)

• OneStepOut93
  • sir82
    sir82

If you want to look uber-spiritual, and yet save your sanity, get a tablet or i-pad and pretend you are looking up all the scriptures on it, while you are really messaging friends, reading apostate websites, etc.

Only the really cool & spiritual guys have the i-pads at the meetings. Youi'll look like a superstar!

• jgnat
    jgnat

You've heard of the temporary dyes and sprays, right? Come out in the wash? Allows you a little rebellion with a fast exit (if needed).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Lexi - Bless your heart. I'm sorry for you.

people who's hearts are molded like Jehovah's

So, non existant imaginary hearts? Wow! How do they survive.

Ever thought of pepping up the study by asking the odd question that no JW can answer?

Sooner you are in a position to exit the cult the better. But do what's best for you. Don't make life uncomfortable.

At least you know it's all baloney. It must be quite amusing if not sad, to see your fam-a-lam and friends talking twaddle about an imaginary non existant trademark of the watchtower.

Regards Paul

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Lexi, bless your heart! You are in a terrible situation. I would barf if I had to attend a meeting in an awakened state.

Love the idea of coloring the tips of your hair, but definitely use the temporary stuff.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Kids should only be in field circus instead of having fun? That sure sounds familiar--I noticed too many of them wasting their whole school recess in field circus. One was dragged out every day, all day, for his whole April vacation because his mother decided to pious-sneer that month (the first year I was in the cancer). I have seen too many others out in field circus during Christmas and February recesses. And they are hounded to go out in field circus to exploit Thanksgiving recess--having to do field circus on Thanksgiving Day. Notably, I have seen them skipping school on Halloween so they could do field circus.

A corollary to this is that they are admonished to not have toys. Parents are told that, if children don't have toys, they will not have any reason not to stay out in field circus all day. Give them something to play with, they will want to go back in from field circus. And they will not want to attend the boasting session if they are playing with toys instead (or doing homework, which is usually less a drudgery than preparing for or attending a boasting session or going in field circus). I have seen the evidence of this too many times--when I was studying, I saw the inside of the then lead hounder's place. He had 2 kids, at the time around 8 and 12. And not a toy to be seen--children that age never put everything away perfectly (they always leave something out). Not even a TV or radio. Just expensive looking bookcases with washtowel littera-trash on it, nothing else.

One of these days, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is bound to codify this. "Parents--Are You Really Encouraging Your Children to Do More In the Ministry?" If your children have toys, they are disinclined to want to serve Jehovah. By keeping their lives spartan at home, you are encouraging them to stay out in service longer by giving them fewer distractions. Crap like this is likely to be part of a Kool-Aid Washtowel or placed in a Kingdumb Misery. And, the parents that fall for this smut are going to make sure their children lack toys. They will also lack reading material not from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, music except for the 135 pieces of smut that pass for "music", computer access, TV, and virtually everything else that makes for fun. They are unlikely to even be able to take a walk in their own backyard, let alone visit a place like Palace Playland, Boston Museum of Science, or Six Flags. All to dull their lives so the boasting sessions and field circus, and the smut they are taught therein, are the most they are getting.

• Eustace
    Eustace

OH I WAS THINKING OF DYING THE TIPS OF MY HAIR PINK AND BLUE AND SHOWING UP TO MEETING! What do you think? ;)

Are you male or female?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit