did I see jesus?

by Tylinbrando 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

So we have had a bit of rain today. But the sun peeked out and was setting to the west. I stepped out to the front yard and saw on the top of the foothills at least 10 miles away what appeared to be a burning cross. It was on fire. The rest of the foothills completely black. Clear as day. Chills up and down my spine and goosebumps. I yelled for my family to come see and they saw it too. "It's the copper cross on the hill" "it's the sun reflecting on it" "It's decorations left over from Christmas"

Immediately I knew it was a utility pole being lit up by the setting sun. But I could not put aside its resemblance to a burning cross despite the fact I can now clearly see it has 2 other horizontal cross beams. I was raised not to believe Christ died on a cross but instead on a "stake" In my studies to date I can not say for certain that I believe in the Bible or Jesus anymore. Nonetheless, it is what it is and according to my daughter "maybe it is Jesus letting you know he's real?"

Thank God for Edison?

Seriously, I understand how we feeble humans latch on revelation and feelings of spiritual euphoria. I wonder what it all really means.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

You in Colorado? It sounds like your describing the foothills along the Rocky Mountains and today we had rain and then it cleared up before sundown.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Whilst I have experienced and believe Jesus mostly reveals himself beyond our five senses, there are too many accounts of physical revelations for me to discount, especially first hand accounts by Muslims.

The detailed map hidden in plain sight in scripture (and away from religionists), which leads to Jesus, is known as the "unabridged gospel" or "full Good News".

It has at least 30 markers.

It inevitably leads to powerful and detailed revelation, as well as spiritual awakening, healing and transformation if pursued to its zenith.

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• jgnat
    jgnat

The heart races, the image burns in the memory, and for a moment...the world is magical. Transcendent. Why not stop there?

• Lore
    Lore

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying it IS a utility pole being lit up by the sun?

While not appearing in the bible the burning cross was used in scottland to declare war and rally the troops.

It was also used by the KKK to intimidate people.

If it was a sign, it might not be the god you were expecting.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tyl

If seeing it as a sign of or from jesus does it for you, then go w that. Kkk burning crosses are passe. The cross is a common christian symbol, today.

S

• Lore
    Lore
    The cross is a common christian symbol, today.

It was a common christian symbol in the 1920s as well. But not a burning cross.

A burning cross was and still is viewed as blasphemous by most christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit