Ohh the memories... Memorial of Jebus...

by dazed but not confused 7 Replies latest jw friends

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I don't miss this. I feel so sad for those of you still going thru this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75TfwZX4B5Y

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I remember getting the belt or wooden spoon after meetings. I asked my mom a few years ago... "Why did I always get the belt after the meetings?" She said "I don't remember. You were probably just being a normal kid, acting up." Thanks mom. Thats what I get for squirming in my seat? Then she would say "I was a single parent and it was hard"

• Heaven
    Heaven

Funny, yet sad vid, dazed.

This religion takes normal people and moulds them into abusers. Both my parents became abusive towards us, their adult children, after they got baptized. It's tough to stay in contact with people when they are like this towards you. We all had to develop our own coping mechanisms.

Now that Mom is gone and Dad is declining, I am the only one in the family still connected to him. I am really all he's got.

It does not serve anyone well to 'Kick their unbelieving family to the curb.'

As for the Reject Jesus Party, if they truly believe Jesus has returned, then they don't need to be conducting this 'Memorial' any longer according to the Bible. He's baaaack!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OMG! Hilarious!! Thanks, I needed that!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Glad I could help!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember what a waste of time it was. The first year, it was novel. After that, it was a drudgery. Dealing with a crowded parking lot in that environment is not fun--even if someone else is doing the driving. Ingress and egress are so tight with time, and usually takes a good 20 minutes to egress the event (and that's when you have another group coming in).

But to me, the worst is that it is supposed to be the only "celebration(??)" of the year. They blab about how you are not supposed to partake unless you are "anointed". Then it is so boring--watching a plate of stale crackers and a glass of spoiled grape juice going around the audtiorium, with no one partaking. That's the celebration? That would be much more at home at a synagogue--along with their Nisan 14 (I thought this was supposed to be a CHRISTIAN religion, not half Jewish!). I never felt it to be something I was naturally drawn to. After the first 2 or 3, I dreaded the REJECT Astaroth Party more than any other boasting session--and I would hope for 2 or 3 meters of snow to cancel the whole thing (whicn never came).

Instead, I am placing Easter decorations in the hall. Now that the Christmas stuff is all gone, it is time to work on Easter. Seems a bit early, but I am sure people will appreciate the reminder of spring when there is half a meter of snow and it is -15 out. (Not to mention Easter is March 31, a bit early this year.) Plenty of rabbits, chicks, eggs, and spring flowers--that HONOR Astaroth! This feels so much more natural than going into a crowded place (which is not even pure anything, but an unnatural mixture of two religious platforms that pleases neither fully) to waste the time on passing those plates of stale crackers and spoiled grape juice. Not to mention, I don't have to worry about being hounded back into the jokehovian witlesses by decorating for Easter.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

I coined my phrase for the 1950's 1960's meetings meant BEATINGS

Beating for squirming in my seat or falling asleep

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Too Funny!!!!! Loved the Smurf...... mine was taken away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit