Saturday Inclement Weather, No Fieldservice

by wasblind 6 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

As I have stated , I grew Up worldly

Every Saturday for me as a child meant , no alarm clock, sleepin' in

cartoons, yard or house work, The mall , or ball games

The weekend was somethin' to look forward to.

It was YOUR day to go at your own pace, all day long

My question is, what did you do on Saturdays as a Jehovah's Witness that had inclement weather

Were you able to have what most would consider a " Normal " Saturday ?

• tiki
    tiki

growing up (born-in) saturdays were not fs days for us - it was sunday....i'm talking back like 1957-1967 era. my saturdays were quite nice and normal - sunday was fs all morning long, lunch, then afternoon meetings.....bad weather, just an ordinary day at home. and, as my mother was exceptionally holy we didn't have a tv until i was like a senior in high school....so i never knew the diversion........

• designs
    designs

Flashbacks! Saturday mornings were either mowing lawns for the neighbors, $$, or FS. Sundays were FS and the meeting. Saturday afternoons were playing football, we had about 30 teens in the KH all going through High School together.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Saturday mornings when we skipped FS for any reason, YEAH! Cartoons!

Yes, we had a TV. Does this mean I had a somewhat "normal" childhood in some respects.

I also was allowed to stay in class for the birthdays and some holidays.

Just didn't "dress up" for Halloween, or sing Happy Birthday. But got to eat the cupcake.

Guess there is some truth to the fact that food "acrificed to idols" can be eaten without concern.

Doc

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

My mom always said she was a "fair weather witness" and then chuckel about it. If it was rainning or snowing we would stay home and I got to watch my cartoons.

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ Dazed

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well we used any downtime to prepare ourselves for the upcoming meetings. Saturday was to study for Sunday, Sunday for witnessing at school, Monday was used to study for Tuesday night! Then Tuesday was for Wednesday, Wednesday for Thursday, and Thusday for Friday, which was used to prep for the Saturday preparations for Sunday!

JK! We missed tons of meetings because we lived out in the country. Saturday was a huge bowl of cereal in front of some cartoons. Then time to feed the farm animals. Then back inside if the weather was bad. If, not then playing outside all day, unless there were specific chores to be done. Still, it was mostly play time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit