Metro-Detroit churches become full service gathering spots.

by Bonnie_Clyde 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I love it! Maybe the WT could learn a thing or two from this. How about drive-thru coffee at the Kingdom Halls? Or a Zumba class?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130126/METRO/301260351/1409/metro/Metro-Detroit-churches-become-full-service-gathering-spots

• designs
    designs

Hey they just put ATM machines in the Lobby of the Assembly Halls how much progress do you want per century

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

They won't.

Through the years, the WT has forbidden:

-group study of any publication, including the bible, that is not an official meeting

-any kind of regular games

-kitchens in kingdom halls

-any regular social event

-eating and drinking in the kingdom hall, even if it is before service

-any gathering larger than whatever your elders think is too large

In my area, my sons had a music event every year until the substitute CO got wind of it. He called the elders, who then realized that maybe they should have told me not to do it. Instead of playing it off, or standing up for the gathering (we supervised it carefully, including who came and what music the bands played, no alcohol, etc AND one of the elders had been in attendance EVERY YEAR WE HAD IT), they put the word out AT ALL BOOKSTUDIES EXCEPT OURS that this large gathering was going against the slave, and no one should attend.

When I called them out on it, they said they forgot to tell our book study conductor to mention it.

They are antisocial; there is no way they are going to do anything that makes it easier to be a witness, whether it is regular social gatherings, sports leagues, coffee at the building, whatever.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I was being facetious. I well know that they don't allow hardly any of the things that I used to enjoy--rolling skating parties, congregation picnics, musical events, etc. Clyde and I were laughing about what their reaction would be if we suggested a Zumba class in our KH.

• designs
    designs

Now ZUMBA classes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit