WTS Advice for Kids: Beat a Bully

by Darth Rutherford 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Wow... the irony is amazing. So here we have a cartoon about how to deal with bullying, which in itself is a positive message. What's incredible is that it's brought to you by a religious organization that dominates your life, and requires absolute, loyal submission from its members.

If you should dare stand up and question its unique, ever-changing, brand of contradicting "Christian" doctrine, then you will be labeled as "weak", "worldly", "bad association", and possibly an "apostate". You will be the subject of congregational gossip and slander. You will be told that unless you repent Jesus will kill you along with the evil criminals, fornicators, adulterers, drunkards, and the other billions of non-Witnesses (men, women, and children) when he soon returns at Armageddon. Birds and other wild animals will devour our rotting flesh in paradise -all because you dared to stand up and question your own beliefs.

Finally, should you decide to follow your conscience and aspire to adhere to the actual teachings of Christ instead of the ramblings of men; and should you decide to follow the teachings of the Bible instead of the organization's literature, then all your lifelong friends and your family members will be required to shun you lest they be mercilessly judged and treated the same way by the same people.

Now correct me if I'm wrong... but does that not fit the definition of a "Bully"?

Ref: http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/teenagers/whiteboard-animations/beat-a-bully-without-using-your-fists/

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Did anyone else see Archie or Jughead? I had no idea they were still around?

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

absolutely. but is it bullying to stand up and stomp a bullys ass? different shades of gray. but you are correct, "lick my boots or i will kill you" is nothing less than a bully. but do i qualify as a bully for using my intellect to mentally degrade a less intelligent person. the answer is yes. verbally bullying is very prominent and as bad as physical bullying. but if push turns to shove, i will take an ass whoopin before i cower before you.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Most but not all of the actions would only increase your bullying. I've heard people explain that there are recent studies that show the bullied victim plays a role. No one explained how.

I swear it is Archie's face but they claim it is an alpine boy. The face jumped out at me.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Archie and Jughead... LOL! Wouldn't that be copyright infringement!

Yeah fakesmile, there are many forms of bullying... and I reckon WT has bullied nearly everyone here on this site. WT seems to excel at verbal bullying and fear mongering. I don't think I'm a bully for standing up for myself to a bully. Like you, I'll go down fighting as well. I just found the whole thing humorous and ironic -that's all. Needed to vent about it.

• Pickler
    Pickler

So.......if people don't talk to me at school because of my religious beliefs I am being bullied........... But if my friends/family don't talk to me because i am not a JW then i am being bullied shunned which is of course completely different because its being done in a spirit of love ......HAHAHAHA Thanks Darth for posting this

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hey Darth, this is the right place to vent :) go for it

• Scully
    Scully

I just saw this animation today. The irony didn't escape my notice. They touched on being the target of bullying because of what you believe. They identified social exclusion (i.e., shunning) as a form of bullying. They identified negative labelling (i.e., name calling) as a form of bullying.

They also state that the victim is not to blame. "It's not your fault."

Too bad they don't recognize their own culpability as an organization that not only practises bullying In the forms of social exclusion and name calling, but promotes it as a good and proper and righteous thing to do to someone who either makes a mistake in their estimation or doesn't agree wth their beliefs.

I think, if done correctly, we could use this to our advantage.

A spoof would be wonderful. Satire, parody and editorial comment are protected against copyright infringement claims.

BTW I wonder if frivolous lawsuits claiming copyright infringement is a form of bullying. LOL

• Scully
    Scully

BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit