I was wondering......

by Disillusioned Lost-Lamb 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how few scriptures the society uses in publications and talks?

As the information being force-fed gets more and more juvenile, stupid, “easier to understand” has anyone else noticed this trend?

I’m not just talking about the Wash-towel either; the circus oversneer just visited to give his bi-yearly whipping and he barely used scriptures in any of his talks. Tuesday approx 4, Thursday approx 4, and Sunday both talks combined approx 12, and I say approximately because I could only listen so closely without feeling sickened. I’ve also noticed that public talks only consist of a few bible references anymore; they’re usually just some blowhards spewing WT drivel and not much “Bible” information at all.

What do you think?

• sir82
    sir82

Well, there's really very few isolated scriptures that JWs need to prop up their theology, so why not?

The Bible, if reduced to the random scattered verses that JWs use more than once a year, would be no thicker than a Watchtower magazine.

• scary21
    scary21

And they put down the Catholics...Who have two bible readings every week one from the OT and one from the new. But how would any JW know what is going on down at the Catholic church? My husband told me...lol

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The thoughts of the F&DS are much more pertinent than scriptural references. Additionally, the R&F member is not able to read the Bible and understand it on their own, so it's much simpler to just skip over the scriptures and have the Writing/Teaching Committee explain what it really means.

Doc

Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

You're right sir82, and I think they'd barely fill the new thinner issue to boot.

But even at that they seem to be using their hand picked scriptures less and less.

Studying took FOREVER because of all the scriptures, not that I looked them up, however now it's a breeze because there are so few of them. The same goes with talks, always felt like my Bible's pages were gonna wear out now you'll do good to even touch your Bible more than four or five times in a 45 min part, even at the assemblies.

Not that I care either, it just seems to be that they're pushing more and more doctrine and less and less Bible.

Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Yep Doc, but they at least tried to hide behind their Bibles. Now a days they aren’t even giving it that effort.

And scary, ironic isn't it?

• pixel
    pixel

I feel the same thing. When you go to their meetings, you don't feel connected to God. Everything is the same, every meeting. Most of the time, they just teach what not to do to get disfellowship, how to live your life, what to think and do. And not do. Nothing more. Sick! And the stupid Q&A that can't not get more stupid. I mean, how much it takes to read something and repeat the same freaking thing that you read as a comment????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit