do you get enough spiritual food?

by terafera2 8 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera2
    terafera2

This was sent to me by a loving 'sister' (do you think it was a hint??):

A weak brother wrote a letter to a friend complaining that it made no sense to go to meetings regularly. "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 talks. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the elders are wasting theirs by giving talks at
    all."

The brother replied with this clincher:
    I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this: They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.
    Likewise, if I had not gone to meetings for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!"

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Terafera2,

I wonder did that weak brother ever ate the bible? It taste good with classic coke.

• terafera
    terafera

LOL

• D8TA
    D8TA

I think if an "elder", "sister", and/or "brother" sent someting to me like this, I would reply:

I ate crap once. And from that one time, I will always remember never to eat it again.

D8TA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear Terafera, may you have peace.

Sigh! Unfortunately, the dear brother has NO clue that he IS 'dead', for although he may enter in among them and listen to their rhetoric, propaganda, false doctrines and traditions, the one thing he is NOT given is 'food', for he is most probably not among those that eat, and thus, has NO life... in himself:

John 5:53-55

Rather, he may perhaps find himself among those mentioned at:

Revelation 3:17

Too bad, too bad.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• greven
    greven

when his wife stops feeding him he dies????
    how about getting better food somewhere else??
    the "food" from the WTBS is like junk-food: it fills, but hardly feeds the body. what I hated about their food in the past was that it might have an interesting topic but they never have an indept dicussion it was always simple and shallow.
    greven.

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

• AGuest
    AGuest

OOPS!!! John 6... 53-55.

Peace.

• ty
    ty

Great topic!!

• logical
    logical

its amazing how the JW's can twist ANYTHING to glorify the society

Share this