Cold and beautiful!

by PaintedToeNail 4 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

It is wonderfully cold and clear outside. The sun light is glistening on the snow. When you step outside the snow squeeks and squiggs underfoot. Birds flutter to and fro the birdfeeders. A fire snaps jauntily in the fireplace, my tea is hot, and I am surrounded by pets lounging on the rug. A perfect winter day.

• perfect1
    perfect1

unless you are out in it.

Brr.

• tec
    tec

That is a cozy and beautiful description, paintedtoenail.

I love being inside on such days as well. We have a snowstorm going on at the moment, but it is very cold. I love the snow; don't love the cold. Fortunately, my husband doesn't work outside anymore, because i think he was just a little piqued with me when I would ooh and ah over the abundance of snow, when I didn't have to go out in it (but he did) ;)

Peace to you,

tammy

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hi Painted.

Maybe I was just a little jealous of your snuggly description.

I had to really bundle up today and now my muscles are locked up from getting too cold.

I wish I had my own fire popping.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Nice description.

Here in Australia the sun shines relentlessly out a cloudless blue sky. The air is dry and clear and in the distance the horizon is a blur of shimmering heat. Everyone finds excuses to stay inside on days like this as the thermometer climbs past 45C (113F).

At least we have past the halfway mark of this blistering summer - the hottest ever recorded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit