untitled

by Honeybucket 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

About six months ago I deactivated my Facebook account. I got tired of witnesses reading my posts, taking it the wrong way, and then going to the elders about it. And they share it with others in the Hall. Now I know the rule about not posting things you dont want others to know about. But here's the thing; I didn't share anything incriminating or inproper. They are just nosy people..right?..right

A couple nights ago I decided to reactivate my account so I can share my wonderful life and accomplishments with those I love. For more privacy and an attempt to cut off association with the dubs, I deleted all the witnesses. I then post a pic of me and my husband. lots of people hit like and make comments. then I notice that witnesses are making comments and liking my pic. WTF? I deleted them..how are they seeing my info? my page is set to private, and even if it wasn't, that would mean they searched me out. I don't think these people would look for my page.

Does anyone know how I can get them to not see my posts and delete them for good. I don't want to block them, I just dont want to be their friend anymore.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

depends on if you allow friends of friends to post comments, is all I can think of

• Think About It
    Think About It

Facebook and not wanting JW's to know anything about your life usually doesn't work.

• maninthemiddle
  • kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The Facebook business model is a data mining operation. More data is obtained by having more interaction, and privacy thwarts the gathering of data, so any privacy you may have is incidental.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

Thank you maninthemiddle! that helped.

I figured out what happened. i tagged my hubby in the pic, and his witness friends were commenting on it from his page. I feel much..now Ill post those s&m pics

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit