Anyone see the Today Show segment on Scientology this mornign 1/17?

by dreamgolfer 9 Replies latest social current

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Very good publicity to what a CULT is..

(ssshhhh I have a crush on Savannah Guthrie )she is soooo smart!

• sd-7
    sd-7

I didn't, sadly. I do remember the Today Show episode a year or two ago, about the article in 'The New Yorker' that covered Paul Haggis and his leaving Scientology. I thought it was very well done. Glad to see this issue is still being kept out there. Matt Lauer was interviewing the writer of the article during that interview, and he seemed a bit disinclined to believe people can fall prey to 'destructive influence' and end up in a cult. Best for more people to understand what cults really do and not just think that being smart alone will protect you.

--sd-7

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I saw it and I think tonight is a Nightline with Brian Williams where the cult will be further discussed. Part one...i think

• Londo111
    Londo111

Does anyone have a link?

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

There's a new series on the ID channel (Investigation Discovery) called, "Dangerous Persuasions." The first episode featured the story of a couple who had risen to a high level in Scientology and left. Their account made the WTS look like a band of cub scouts.

It will show again on Saturday at 3 p.m.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Rock Center with brian Williams is on now with Paul haggis. 10pm est

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

He just said that most fade quietly but wasn't about to take that route. He decided to go big. Very familiar experiences already.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

The lengthy article in the New Yorker about Haggis was very compelling and disturbing. It also had a very catchy title: "The Apostate"! NR

• Gayle
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"Anybody within a group like this has to choose to be blind” – Paul Haggis #RockCenter"

The above is a tweet from the show Rock Center while Haggis was being interviewed . . . does the above tweet kinda sound familiar to you ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit