Scientology takes a cue from the JWs' KH scam

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alexklein/is-scientology-self-destructing

Not to excuse or make the JW Kingdom Hall scam any lesser, but these guys really know how to play the game! Sounds like the old JW bait and switch though - tell everyone they need a new facility, make them pay for it and then take the title back to Brooklyn or Clearwater. But do JW's charge the congregation rent like Scientology does?

Scientology also outdoes the JWs in terms of opulence and style. Miscavige sounds like a real piece of work. I can also see the similarities with them building (and subsequently bragging about) all these facilities all over the world, and using them as proof of growth and divine blessing. At least the Witnesses have numbers that aren't entirely embarrassing. 40,000+ Scientologists worldwide? Small wonder the facilities are never opened; they would reveal the harsh truth of mostly empty services.

Exit question: Can anyone see the JWs dwindling to these extremities anytime soon? Lots of KHs with so few people?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Las Malvinas son Argentinas, I can only hope and pray that JWs will awaken and leave the WTBTS - especially after 2014. Unfortunately, how many exJWs will never learn that they were in a dangerous cult and never fully heal emotionally.

I know a man who feels that the Bible is not God's word, and that the JWs have the correct intrepretation of the Bible, even after leaving the WTBTS about 20 years ago. Go figure!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Scientology and Watchtower have differing business models, with quality vs quantity.

Scientology shakes down a lot of loot from tens of thousands of prosperous members to graduate to each level.

The Watchtower nickels and dimes millions of members to keep them at a subservient level.

Both organizations prosper with this arrangement, and they have found a niche that makes it so they are not directly competing for hosts to feed off of.

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body publishes false prophecies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit