the true religion

by forgetmenot 5 Replies latest jw friends

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

I have heard this comment from a few JW's in the past, "I became a Jehovah's Witness because you'll never find anything better."

Let's propose that (for a second :)) They are the closest thing to the "true religion". Didn't the bible say something like don't listen to ANY false profits not "find the false profit that is the closest to the truth and follow him/her"?

Just a though!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I've heard that many times also. The message that the witnesses bring is seductive. You will live forever in a paradise earth, no more crime, no broken families, this is the only true religion blah, blah... This message appeals to all persons who are looking for a change in their lives and from the first they are taught to believe that this is the only true religion. Then to reinforce that thought you have to attend five meetings a week, plus field service. Over time you come to believe just what they want you to believe and that is that there is no life outside of the JWs. So even if you see faults in the religion, some people don't have the will to walk away because the JWs have made them so afraid of the world outside.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

There are many witnesses (percentage wise I could not guess) that know there are things that are wrong but yet feel that this is ‘the closest thing’ there is to being ‘the truth’. Being close to the truth is, of course, being wrong but not everyone wants to see it that way. It is a compromise and life is about compromises for the most part. The WTBS exploits this considerably.

I choose to take someone at their word. If you say that you’re only human and subject to error and then I find out later that some of your advice was not correct, then I cannot condemn you because you already qualified yourself. If, however, you contend that you are the voice of God…well, that’s another matter. YOU HAD BETTER NOT BE WRONG…or I will see you for what you are…and call you names to boot!

• Francois
    Francois

There ain't no "true religion" in the sense that God gives the understanding of truth to one generation or group of people and withholds it from another. How arrogant to claim that you've got THE truth.

Francois

• chezza
    chezza

Great point their dutchie, its a whole support system, they are seperated so much from the outside world that if they were to leave it would be a huge culture shock.

• gumby
    gumby

Quote:...There ain't no "true religion" in the sense that God gives the understanding of truth to one generation or group of people and withholds it from another. How arrogant to claim that you've got THE truth.

Amen Francois! What are all these ones meaning by truth? What is TRUTH to them?

Having MORE doctrines correct than all the others?

Living CLEANER lives than the rest?

They are NICER than the rest?

Jesus said "I am truth" not somebody, or something. He was TRUTH and all those "who would believe in him would have life".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit